Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mold growning in window a/c

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

I go to check the a/c unit in grammie's room to see if the vent is open. I looked in to see mold all over the in side of it where the foam is. I go get a spray bottle with bleach in it and water. Spray the hell out of the inside then refill the bottle with just bleach to rinse it off. I get to thinking about the other 2 window units checking them I find that one of the others has it. I do the same to it thankfully it's a cooler day then it has been so they can be off to dry out. I have asthma and grammie has COPD so nether should be around mold, I'm allergic to mold to boot. A few weeks ago I felt the tightness in the chest and knew there was mold in the house I just could not find it till today. If you have a window a/c unit check it out you may find what I did.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:54 AM

this is interesting, i did not even think if that,,, we do not have any air anywhere,,,,, but i am glad that you cleaned them and checked them, MOLD IS BAD!,,,, so good for you in even thinking of that,,,, last night we got a storm so now that humidex is all gone,, and the real cool air is here, sure feels like heaven today,, it is a good breathing day here for all!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:33 AM

today is starting out cool, I have the windows and door open. Giveing the a/c a rest. If it was not for grammie I would not run it as much as I do. Hell the other day she wanted Ron to turn it on when it was cooler out side then in. I told him just to open the place up and put a fan in the windows. Are electric bill has been running over 200$ a month. I can get that she does need it when it's how out not on low humidity days that's in the mid 70 or lower.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM

this morning was freezing when i got up at 4am, and i mean COLD, it felt like thanksgiving weather,,, BRRR!!!!, i had to go in the hot tub to warm up,,,,, and when i went fast walking this morning, so many people had their air conditioners cranked, they had no idea that it got so cold over night!

GardenChic

bettyboop3917
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

It has been getting in to the 50's here at night. I have not had the ac on sense Thursday. I have been leaving the windows open all night and the house is just right by morning. I have been enjoying the fresh air. I have not been able to have the windows open like this in a long time. Grammie's breathing last year was not good enough to do so. She don't like that I don't have the a/c on and ask me to turn it on some times.  When she is asking for it to be on it's colder outside then in. I just stick a fan in the window and turn it on. this morning she was under a lite blanket in the living room. I'm hoping that with her getting use to non a/c air that I can get her to sit out on the front porch for a bit every day. She don't get any sun and has to take vitamins do to this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)