Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

Humidex here now for 2 days, hot hot hot!, hope you all have a great weekend!, I am still planting flowers, much to do, not done yet! ENJOY!

GardenChic

by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

brr,, well we had heat for a few days then it turned very cold, i am done planting my flowers tho, now i can enjoy them,,, and the pain i have of planting them, ha ha

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

it was hot here over the weekend. it turned cold today tho and suppose to be cool all week. I got my garden cleared and now I have to wait to get some more soil for my garden boxes and then I can plant things.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I love the planting season!, i am just off to colour my hair,,, my parents are coming for my birthday tomorow and we are going to do some shopping, should be fun,, my mom is the only one who HATES my hair blonde, its kinda weird,, her reaction to everyone elses,,

GardenChic

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM

yesterday turned out to be a nice sunny day!!!!,,, ihope today is the same, we are doing a lot of shopping,,hubs brought home the prettiest orchid i have ever seen, white with purple spots,,, its real neat

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I used the spray I got from Home Depot to get rid of those beetles on my lilies. I killed the beeles I took off the plants and sprayed them down and the lilies I cut down due to being damaged I sprayed that and threw it away. I wanted the baby beetles to be dead before I threw it away. I didn't want them to be alive and get out of the garbage and attack my plants more. It is nice out today. The sun is shining not really windy.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM

did that spray work right away??? it was kinda cloudy and cold yesterday,,, today is to rain, but i am lucky so far,, i got out and cycled and i did the papers too,,,,,, i am going to roller blade next,,,, maybe it will not rain at all!, you just never know what it will do next,

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jun. 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM

so far I have not seen any new beetles or eggs or anything. I will keep up with it. I am not worried over the weekend while we are away cause it is suppose to rain..I will have to respray when it stops raining tho which is ok cause it means no beetles on my lilies...=)

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Jun. 7, 2013 at 5:01 AM

how often are you supposed to spray???? was the bottle expensive??? Hope you have a great weekend, supposed to be okay here weather wise,,, right now is darned cold tho!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM

your suppose to spray every month or after it rains. I have to spray again but I have looked at the lilies and I have not seen any beetles or the larva. I might still spray anyway just to be on the safe side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)