Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't wait....

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2017 at 9:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

I am waiting to hear about an adoption application I put in for a foster dog. The dog was found as a stray, She is between 10 months to 1 year old. It says she is is dachshund but she doesnt look full blooded so I looked up mixed breeds and she looks like a mix of dachshund and beagle. So she is a Doxle. Once our application is approved and they will call our vet we take our cat to and 2 referances. Once they approve it we will get a call from the family who is fostering the dog to set up a house visit where we can all meet and talk and if the family feels like we are a good match then we get to adopt her. If we do get to adopt her I will post pics of her. Her name is Harper. She is brown with white on her paws and the tip of her tail. 

by on Nov. 2, 2017 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 3, 2017 at 4:27 AM

awwww!!!! I may be getting one too!, a neighbour bought a miniature chihuahua, so so tiny. and they go to florida every year the day after xmas, shes finding it too much,, have to be there all the time. the dog needs someone like me, home all the time, no travelling., very expensive., hubs said no more animals, he has met him, very cute, i just do not think snickers will like him, snickers is 3 times bigger! HA!,so i am thinking things through. shes trained him and all, just under 6 months and i would get everything, cage, sweaters, leashes, toys, all. i hope it happens for you.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2017 at 7:40 AM

hope your having a nice weekend.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2017 at 1:46 PM

its a cool day today,.. some areas sure are getting the snow. we have had some, but none to last.

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 7, 2017 at 6:23 AM

off to a chilly start to the day!

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 9, 2017 at 7:04 PM

sorry I have not been on much. Busy with work. It didnt work out with that dog. She had been adopted out. Since then we have tried to get 3 other dogs and waiting to see the 4the dog on Sunday. Well my husbnad and kids since I have to work I wont be able to go. She is a chihuahua. She is about 5 years old and always happy. I hope it works out with getting her or I may have to go through another shelter, It seems like they are making it hard to even adopt a dog. The last dog we wanted they turned us down cause they said the dog needed a more experienced pet owner. I figured they know the dog better then me so I will go along with it. They suggested this other dog whos name is Lucy. She is the 5 year old chihuahua. If we do get her I will post pics of her. I already have planned if we get her I am going to make some dog sweaters for her, get her little dog boots for the winter to protect her little feet while outside. Also make her a little hat. She will look adorable. I will take pics of her in her sweater and hat. 

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM

awww sounds cute,i bet the kids are pretty excited.. hope it happens.

GardenChic

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 11, 2017 at 6:15 AM

Have a great weekend!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 12, 2017 at 8:57 PM

my weekend has been a little stressful. It started Friday night with spending the night at the ER with Gabriella. She was sick and they said it was the flu. we had to stay longer due to her heart rate higher then they liked. They did a bunch of blood test and other test. Today while I was at work my husband texted me saying he thinks Gariella may have an ear infection. She refused to go to urgent care with him and she wanted her mom. I got home and checked on her and she looked horrible so I said ok lets go you going to urgent care and she had a bad ear infection and strep throat. So not the best weekend for us. We are waiting on making an appointment for a house visit for the dog Lucy. We all cant wait. 

gardenchic
by Group Owner on Nov. 13, 2017 at 6:28 AM

hope your all well with no more illnesses and the visit goes great!

GardenChic

robsgurl_23
by Head Admin on Nov. 13, 2017 at 6:48 PM

so far the shelter has called one of our references which was good. I guess they still have to call the vet. I think they will call one other reference or the other 3 we sent them today. I know all 4 will give good reviews. I am sure they will find our vet history good. I am very hopful we will get our little doggy. I cant wait to play with Lucy, dress her up and make her little sweater and hats..she will look so adorable...=) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)