Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HCG Information

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 2237 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Note there are 3 known phases to the HCG Diet-

Phase 1-cleanse (Depending on what cleanse you do, it will last accordingly)

Phase 2-Load Days(Consume as much FAT as possible (2 Days)) &Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) (Anywhere from 23-43 days)

Phase 3-No Starch or Sugar (3 weeks)

Wait 3 weeks inbetween each round.

According to Dr. A.T. W. Simeons Pounds and Inches

The Diet

• The 500 calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present- the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the followingdiet sheet.
  • Breakfast:
  • Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours.
  • Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.
  • Lunch:1 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken must be removed from the bird.
  • 2 One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.3 One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.4 An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
  • Dinner :
  • The same four choices as lunch.The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic,sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.Tea, coffee, plain water, mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.
  • In fact the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements. The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
  • No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick eyebrow pencil and powder may he used without special permission Every item in the list is gone over carefully, continually stressing the point that no variations other than those listed may be introduced. All things not listed are forbidden, and the patient is assured that nothing permissible has been left out. The 100 grams of meat must he scrupulously weighed raw after all visible fat has been removed to do this accurately the patient must have a letter-scale, as kitchen scales are not sufficiently accurate and the butcher should certainly not be relied upon. Those not uncommon patients who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish.
  • There is no objection to breaking up the two meals. For instance having a breadstick and an apple for breakfast or an orange before going to bed, provided they are deducted from the regular meals.The whole daily ration of two breadsticks or two fruits may not be eaten at the same time, nor can any item saved from the previous day be added on the following day. In the beginning patients are advised to check every meal again their diet sheet before starting to eat and not to rely on their memory. It is also worth pointing out that any attempt to observe this diet without HCG will lead to trouble in two to three days. We have had cases in which patients have proudly flaunted their dieting in front of their friends without mentioning the fact that they are also receiving treatment with HCG. They let their friends try the same diet, and when this proves to be a failure - as it necessarily must - the patient starts raking in unmerited kudos for superhuman willpower.
  • It should also be mentioned that two small apples weighing as much as one large one never the less have a higher caloric value and are therefore not allowed though there is no restriction on the size of one apple. Some people do not realize that a tangerine is not an orange and that thicken breast does not mean the breast of any other fowl, nor does it mean a wing or drumstick. The most tiresome patients are those who start counting Calories and then come up with all manner of ingenious variations which they compile from their little books. When one has spent years of weary research trying to make a diet as attractive as possible without jeopardizing the loss of weight, culinary geniuses who are out to improve their unhappy lot are hard to take.

During menstruation

No injections are given, but the diet is continued and causes no hardship; yet as soon as the menstruation is over, the patients become extremely hungry unless the injections are resumed at once. It is very impressive to see the suffering of a woman who has continued her diet for a day or two beyond the end of the period without coming for her injection and then to hear the next day that all hunger ceased within a few hours after the injection and to see her once again content, florid and cheerful. While on the question of menstruation it must he added that in teenaged girls the period may in some rare cases he delayed and exceptionally stop altogether. If then later this is artificially induced some weight may be regained.

The reason for limiting a course to 40 injections

is that by then some patients may begin to show signs of HCG immunity. Though this phenomenon is well known, we cannot as yet define the underlying mechanism. Maybe after a certain length of time the body learns to break down and eliminate HCG very rapidly, or possibly prolonged treatment leads to some sort of (ouncrregulation which annuls the dencepbahic effect.
After 40 daily injections it takes about six weeks before this so called immunity is lost and HCG again becomes fully effective. Usually after about 40 injections patients may feel the onset of immunity as hunger which was previously absent. In those comparatively rare cases in which signs of immunity develop before the full course of 40 injections has been completed-say at the 35th injection- treatment must he stopped at once, because if it is continued the patients begin to look weary and drawn, feel weak and hungry and any further loss of weight achieved is then always at the expense of normal fat. This is not only undesirable, but normal fat is also instantly regained as soon as the patient is
returned to a free diet. Patients who need only 23 injections may be injected daily, including Sundays, as they never develop immunity. In those that take 40 injections the onset of immunity can be delayed if they are given only six injections a week, leaving out Sundays or any other day they choose, provided that it is always the same day. On the days on which they do not receive the injections they usually feel a slight sensation of hunger. At first we thought that this might be purely psychological, but we found that when normal saline is injected without the patient’s knowledge the same phenomenon occurs.

APPLE DAY

-An apple-day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch of the following day. The patients are given six large apples and are told to eat one whenever they feel the desire though six apples is the maximum allowed. During an apple-day no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst if eating an apple still leaves them thirsty. Most patients feel no need for water and are quite happy with their six apples. Needless to say, an apple-day may never be given on the day on which there is no injection. The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500-Calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily

Steak Day

It is important for dieters to weigh themselves in the morning rather than during the day, as there may be wide fluctuations which might lead to unnecessary worries and If a dieter gains more than two pounds over his last dose day weight, even if this is only a few ounces, he should immediately take certain weight correction procedure on the same day in order to lose the extra pounds. “Steak Day” is an effective technique used by Dr. ATW Simeons to correct weight gains in the PHASE 3 Basically you eat nothing until dinner, when you can eat a large steak cooked in oil or butter with an apple or a raw tomato. You should also drink plenty of water that day. The next day, you should see your weight drop.

by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM

there is also an egg day that you can do on p2

you eat 6 eggs you can eat them all at once or eat them at different times ext: 2 breakfast 2 lunch and 2 dinner.

i drank water coffee and unsweet tea i had a pretty good loss the next day...

good luck everyone

komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:33 PM

there is also

Off-Protocol Steak and Mac Mug Cake Day:

(Approximately 820 calories without the Reddy Whip)

Lunch: 100 grams of sirloin
Dinner: 100 grams of sirloin + Mac Mug Cake (recipe below)

Don't forget to drink all of your water!

Mac Mug Cake (I'm writing this exactly how I make it):

1/2 oz. of macadamia nuts (or 6 whole nuts), ground into a flour consistency

1/2 Tbl. dark cocoa

1/2 Tbl. cocoa

1-1/2 Tbl. xylitol

2 packets of Splenda for coffee, vanilla flavor (in the coffee aisle)(optional)

1 egg

3 Tbl. heavy cream

1 Tbl. coconut oil

1 capful of s/f flavored syrup, Davinci or Torani (optional)

Fat-free Reddy Whip (topping, optional)

In a coffee mug, combine ground mac nuts, cocoas, xylitol, and splenda. Add one egg and mix well with a fork. Add cream and syrup and stir. Last, add coconut oil. If it clumps, break it up with a fork.

Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Some people had to microwave up to 2 more minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.

Top with fat-free Reddy Whip or any whipped cream around 10 calories per serving.

Mommy2JoshNJake
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM

This would totally make someone gain weight. What is it for??

Quoting komal_baby:

there is also

1/2 Tbl. dark cocoa

1/2 Tbl. cocoa

1-1/2 Tbl. xylitol

1 egg

3 Tbl. heavy cream

1 Tbl. coconut oil

In a coffee mug, combine ground mac nuts, cocoas, xylitol, and splenda. Add one egg and mix well with a fork. Add cream and syrup and stir. Last, add coconut oil. If it clumps, break it up with a fork.

Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Some people had to microwave up to 2 more minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.

Top with fat-free Reddy Whip or any whipped cream around 10 calories per serving.

komal_baby
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Quoting Mommy2JoshNJake:

Quoting komal_baby:

there is also

1/2 Tbl. dark cocoa

1/2 Tbl. cocoa

1-1/2 Tbl. xylitol

1 egg

3 Tbl. heavy cream

1 Tbl. coconut oil

i have never used it dont think i will but some other hcgers used it and it worked for them. so i just wanted to post if incase anyone ever wanted to try it.

Mommy2JoshNJake
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Is it used for a stall day or whats it for??

Quoting komal_baby:

Quoting Mommy2JoshNJake:

Quoting komal_baby:

there is also

1/2 Tbl. dark cocoa

1/2 Tbl. cocoa

1-1/2 Tbl. xylitol

1 egg

3 Tbl. heavy cream

1 Tbl. coconut oil

i have never used it dont think i will but some other hcgers used it and it worked for them. so i just wanted to post if incase anyone ever wanted to try it.

komal_baby
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

for a stall

LoLo8669
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Can vitamins be taken at all during the 23 days?

veganmommy04
by Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Yes. Vitamins are strongly encouraged. I take b12 daily and a muli anyway and I continued throughout the program

Quoting LoLo8669:

Can vitamins be taken at all during the 23 days?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM

It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat

Can I not bake it in the oven??

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM

thank youyou rock Thanks for posting this ... I read it online but its so nice and conveniently handy right here.  I appreciate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)