Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phase 3 Recipes

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 2815 Total Views

I'll be posting more recipes once i find them and i get more time! If you guys notice any recipes that arn't phase 2 or 3 approriate that i have posted let me know so i can fix it!! Thanks

Remember anything from phase 2 can be used in phase 3 also!

Tomato and avacado salad

Ingredients

* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    * 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    * 1 pinch ground black pepper
    * 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
    * 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges

In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Arrange the slices of avocado and tomato alternately like the spokes of a wheel on one big serving plate, or individual plates. Drizzle lightly with the dressing, and serve immediately.

Mashed Couliflower

1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets shopping list
 2 t butter
 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
 1/4 c milk alternative that doesn't have sugar!
1/4 t crushed red pepper shopping list
 salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Steam cauliflower super good and then just mash up like you would for mashed potatoes! Great healthy alternative to mashed potatoes!

Bean sprout stir fry

* Coconut oil to cook
    * 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
    * 1 tablespoon minced ginger
    * 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
    * 1 pound bean sprouts, hair removed
    * Salt and black pepper to taste

Stir fry oil, ginger, garlic and scallions until scallions are limp. Add bean sprouts stir fry until warm.

by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veganmommy04
by Member on Jan. 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Ohh the bean sprout one sound goooood. I love sprouts and they are super duper good for u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2JoshNJake
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Quoting veganmommy04:

Ohh the bean sprout one sound goooood. I love sprouts and they are super duper good for u!

I have personally tried the recipe and loved it! Its a fav of mine!

komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM

These are Blueberry Cream Chz Muffins for P3, very easy to make!
2-8oz pks cream chz (room temp)
about 6 packets stevia
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
cinnamon, pumpkin, other spice you may like, or blueberries (I did blueberries)
~Soften crm chz about 40 sec in mic. Add other ing except blueberries. Beat with a mixer on low til smooth. Mix in blueberries now if you chose them. Pour into 12 greased muffin pans lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 18 mns, then turn the oven off & open the door, let sit an hour. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you want & let cool...

komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Egg Plant lasagna for P3..
~Fry 1 lb of extra lean beef, add small onion, 5 cloves garlic, pint of mushrooms-cook for about 5 mns, add a handful of spinach cook a little. Add a jar of sugar free marinara, & half a large container of ricotta chz. mix it all. Layer in a baking dish thin strips of eggplant after youve peeled it & then the sauce, & then mozz & Parmesan chz...make another layer and cook for about 30-45 mns on 350.

komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Oopsie Rolls...
These are called oopsie rolls, you make them and use them like buns, pancakes, any kind of bread or buns for sandwiches. Good for P3

3 large eggs
couple pks of Stevia
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese (not Tbsp!) Do not soften!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate the eggs and add Stevia, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out, they will get sticky if you keep them air tight. I put them in a container with the lid half on.

Makes 6@ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per

komal_baby

Pizza using the oopsie roll recipe and spreading it out for a crust..
3 large eggs
2 packets of stevia
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese (not Tbsp!) Do not soften!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

I have to thank Melissa for the oopsie roll idea & the pizza crust idea!!!!

Separate the eggs and add Stevia, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet. I cooked it for about 10 mns, & then pulled it back out & added 2 little cans of the GV brand tom sauce that has no salt in it (says natural on it, & 8oz each) I added 1.5 cups of grated Parmesan chz, & 1.5 cups of mozz cheese, and finish baking for about 10-15 mns. Tastes wonderful for not having pizza for a few months!!!

komal_baby

This is the chocolate delight. Just mix equal parts of melted coconut oil & cocoa powder...(unsweetened) & a few pks stevia. For a less bitter flavor add less of the cocoa powder to the coconut oil. Pour it into a Styrofoam bowl & chill. When its done it pops out of the mold in a chunk. I did add some heavy cream to it to make it a bit more like milk chocolate. You can sprinkle nuts in it too b4 you chill it for P3 if you like.

komal_baby

Sugar-less & flour-less Snicker-doodles

1/2 C butter
1 1/2 C almond flour
3/4 C granulated splenda
1/4 C brown sugar splenda
1 egg
1/2 tspn van
1/4 tsp bak sod
1/4 tspn crm of tarter

mixture to roll cookies in:
2 T splenda
2 tspn brown sugar splenda
3/4 tspn cinnamon

sit out the butter to room temp.
Mix in bowl: butter, only 3/4 C of the flour
3/4 C splenda
1/4 C brown sgr splenda, egg, van, bak soda, & crm of tarter. Blend well with a mixer. Add the rest of the almond flour. Mix. cover with wrap & put in frige for an hour.
When your ready to bake them, turn oven on to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spoon out about 1 inch size balls of dough & roll in the cinnamon/splenda mixture. Squish balls down to 1/4 in thick. Bake 14-16 mns. Cool on a rack for 30 mns. (they are more crumbly when warm) Store in a plastic container for several days.

komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

No Carb Fudge for P3

2 oz cream cheese
1 oz bakers chocolate (kind with no sugar)
2 TBSP sugar-free vanilla syrup (in the coffee isle)
2 TBSP cream
1 TBS almond flavoring
1 cup sliced almonds or your choice of nuts (optional)

Melt the chocolate in a greased pan (I used coconut oil).
Add the cream cheese & stir. when blended well & sort of melted into the chocolate, add the cream, stir well, then add the syrup & the almond flavoring.
Cook til it starts to get thick, Add the nuts, & spoon into a greased plate, or pie tin, I used coconut oil & a little bread loaf tin. Chill til firm in fridge. (overnight is best)
I timed this recipe by 4 and used 2 little loaf tins. It turned out really yummy!

It has a very smooth taste, nothing bitter, I ate it all in 2 days...oopsie

komal_baby
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)