Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll be posting more recipes once i find them and i get more time! If you guys notice any recipes that arn't phase 2 or 3 approriate that i have posted let me know so i can fix it!! Thanks

Remember anything from phase 2 can be used in phase 3 also!

Tomato and avacado salad

Ingredients

* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    * 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    * 1 pinch ground black pepper
    * 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
    * 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges

In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Arrange the slices of avocado and tomato alternately like the spokes of a wheel on one big serving plate, or individual plates. Drizzle lightly with the dressing, and serve immediately.

Mashed Couliflower

1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets shopping list
 2 t butter
 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
 1/4 c milk alternative that doesn't have sugar!
1/4 t crushed red pepper shopping list
 salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Steam cauliflower super good and then just mash up like you would for mashed potatoes! Great healthy alternative to mashed potatoes!

Bean sprout stir fry

* Coconut oil to cook
    * 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
    * 1 tablespoon minced ginger
    * 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
    * 1 pound bean sprouts, hair removed
    * Salt and black pepper to taste

Stir fry oil, ginger, garlic and scallions until scallions are limp. Add bean sprouts stir fry until warm.

by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Replies (31-34):
RepentantSinner
by Member on May. 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Half of these recipes look ok, but after doing a lot of reading up for P3 I was under the impression that agave nectar/honey, flax seeds, maple syrup/ blueberry syrups (typically have high fructose corn syrup) and WF products (has sucrolose) weren't to be used during P3. Most of these are rouge recipes and should be labeled as such... JMHO

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Quoting RepentantSinner:

Half of these recipes look ok, but after doing a lot of reading up for P3 I was under the impression that agave nectar/honey, flax seeds, maple syrup/ blueberry syrups (typically have high fructose corn syrup) and WF products (has sucrolose) weren't to be used during P3. Most of these are rouge recipes and should be labeled as such... JMHO

one recipe used brown sugar which I KNOW isnt allowed bc it said no sugar

conejoazul
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

These recipes are inspiring. after eating phase 2 style for almost five weeks, I didn´t even want to think ahead to P3 possibilities. I´m seeing a lot of ideas on how to mix gluten-free / low-carb / P3 all into one. Even the few recipes that are "rouge" ... it doesn´t look very hard to opt ofr a Stevia based sweetner in place of the listed sweetner.

conejoazul
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I experimented with this recipe over the weekend with the following adjustments ... goal to produce something more like a cheese toast or cracker rather than a pizza crust. We like it. I can foresee other experiments with different cheeses and spice mixtures.

Ingredient substitutions: Cheddar or Gouda cheese for the mozzarella; Dried basil and a little cracked black pepper instead of the fennel and parsley.

Preparation: Rather than "mash" the cauliflower, I ran it in small batches with the eggs through my food processor, then mixed in the grated cheese. Followed instructions as listed below through the first 15 minute baking cycle, but extended the cycle to 18 minutes at 400 degrees because my baking pans have that dark non-stick finish and I though my first attempt was getting too brown too quickly. Then instead of preparing the "pizza" , I turned the "crust" out onto a cutting board and cut into wedges or 3" x 3" squares.  The cut wedges and squares were then placed into a dehydrator and left on standard setting (105 degrees F I think) for six to ten hours(time will vary depending on the humidity at your location and the thickness you chose for your crust, I used "thin" crust dehydrated for 6 hours and I am in a dry climate).

Quoting komal_baby:

Cauliflower Crust Cheese Pizza for P3

1 head cauliflower
5 eggs
3 cups mozzarella
fennel
parsley
oregano

Steam 1 head of cauliflower, & then mash it in a bowl. Add about 5 eggs and 3 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese & mix. Spread it out on a greased pizza pan, sprinkle fennel, parsley & oregano on & bake at 450 for about 15 minutes. Take it out & put sauce & toppings on & bake til done. Kids loved it.
Shred your own chz for P3 cuz there's starch in pre-shredded chz to keep it separated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)