Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms-In-Need Christmas Contest - November 4 to November 18 - UPDATE WINNERS POSTED

LostTheSlipper
Cool. Customization!
Today at 4:20 PM
Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:37 AM
  • 32 Replies
  • 825 Total Views
1 mom liked this

UPDATE:

WINNERS ARE:

SammysMomma

and

strictmomhere

CONGRATS LADIES!

Get your contact info to me ASAP and tell me whether you want your giftcards to be from Walmart or Target!

I will reply back to that regarding stocking information.

Okay, so here's the deal. Yeah, it's a little early, but this is my

CHRISTMAS CONTEST.

holding gifts

I know some of you were seemed excited about this, so here it is ladies!!! Hopefully you'll feel it's worth it. (It's wordy, I'm sorry. I've posted it in multiple posts in this thread.)

I noticed as I was mentally writing this up, as I prepared dinner, that everything for this contest seems to have 2 of something so I'll go with that as a theme. Notice the twos in blues. Why not?

I have TWO REASONS for having this contest:

Purpose 1: To help out people who need it this upcoming holiday season.

PLEASE, if you truly aren't in need, don't enter this contest. Let those who really need it have a shot at it. By entering when you don't need to, you're taking away from a child's chance at a good holiday.

Purpose 2: To get some extra activity here in COH, which will hopefully help with rank.

Time Frame:

This contest will last TWO WEEKS! As of posting, this contest is started. It lasts from Monday, November 4, 2013 at 12:00am PST, and ends Monday, November 18, 2013 at 11:59pm PST.

christmas tree

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LostTheSlipper
Cool. Customization!
by Golden Angel on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:38 AM

The Contest:

There will be TWO PARTS! It will consist of you making TWO THREADS in the contest area.

Part 1: Labeled USERNAME's  Christmas Trivia Thread

There will be 20 Christmas trivia questions listed further down in this thread. You are to answer each question in a separate post in your trivia thread. They can be out of order if you wish, although having them in order will be easier for me. You can always just post each question in order and leave the ones you don't know right away blank, and then go back to them later. I won't check them until after the contest ends so you have until the end date to answer them. Just be careful not to leave them blank in the end.

Part 2: Labeled USERNAME's Christmas Contest Bump Thread

This part is self-explanatory - you have a bump thread. The goal is AT LEAST 2500 POSTS in your individual thread by the end date of the contest. I'm really hoping this is do-able. There's one catch though - it can't just be bumps. It has to be Christmas-related words, phrases, pictures, whatever you want related to Christmas. But NO actual BUMPS!

Additionally, for every extra 1000 posts in your thread, you'll get an extra "entry" to win.

EDIT 11/7/2013 - You are free to help others with their post and others are free to help you in this part of the contest!

LostTheSlipper
Cool. Customization!
by Golden Angel on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:38 AM

The Winners:

It's quite simple. Those who answer all the trivia questions correctly, and get at least 2500 posts in their bump thread will qualify. I will put those usernames in a hat or bucket and I will have DS draw them for me. Like I said, every additional 1000 posts will get your name in the drawing an extra time. Easy peasy.

If for some reason all the trivia questions aren't correct, depending on how many questions are or aren't correct, and how many people had issues with them, I guess I'll work that out if it comes to that. Most are easily found though. I made sure of that. (Get 'em right!)

There will be TWO WINNERS!

LostTheSlipper
Cool. Customization!
by Golden Angel on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:39 AM

The Prizes:

Each winner will get TWO PRIZES!

gift   kids stocking

Prize 1: $60 in giftcards to either Walmart or Target - your choice.

Prize 2: Stockings (the typical red and white ones) stuffed with goodies for each of your kids. 

I will try to get the Giftcards out ASAP once the contest ends, provided the winners send me their addresses in a timely manner. I hope to have the gift cards out to the winners in time for Black Friday so they can get the most for the money. This is why the contest is being held so early.

Stockings will be sent out by early December, but hopefully sooner. When winners are notified I will ask for more details about their kids ages, likes, and such.

Did I cover all my bases?? I hope so. Questions? Feel free to ask....

Good luck ladies!

LostTheSlipper
Cool. Customization!
by Golden Angel on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:39 AM

THE TRIVIA QUESTIONS

1. What (modern-day) country did the real St. Nicholas come from?

2. Which country is credited with starting the Christmas tree tradition?

3. Which Christmas cartoon features mice and a clock?

4. Which Christmas short story involves two people selling the things most dear to them to buy something for the other, only to find out the gifts they bought will be useless?

5. Which Christmas movie involves a cat getting electrocuted? (Yep, it happens! It's just the type of movie it is.)

6. What was originally used to light a Christmas tree?

7. Which Christmas book involves a boy desperately wishing for a bike for Christmas, but has him receiving a handmade item he doesn't like, instead? (You might have to do some digging to find this one! Depends on how you search it, I guess.)

8. In the song, "The Twelve Days of Christmas," who is the "true love" supposed to be?

9. Which actor is the star in a movie that involves the actor diligently searching for their child's beloved Christmas gift because the character forgot to buy it?

10. What Christmas poem gives a good description of the big ol' fat man, St. Nicholas himself?

11. Which sad "Christmas" story involves a girl being reunited with her grandmother?

12. Which Christmas cartoon mentions, "Binky the Clown"?

13. Where in the Bible (which 2 books) is the Christmas Story located?

14. What was the big holiday toy craze of the 1996 Christmas season?

15. What do Dutch children have filled instead of stockings?

16. What popular Christmas song was originally written for Thanksgiving?

17. Which US president made Christmas an official holiday, and in what year?

18. Where can the most famous and well-known Christmas tree in the US be found?

19. Post 5 Christmas gifs or pictures that you like (CAN'T be sweetpeas!)

20. What are your Christmas wishes for you and your family?

emtgirl885
by Verified Group Mod on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Bump!
SammysMomma
by Verified Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:57 AM

BUMP!

Mothertotwo2010
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM

How do we get a thread for triva and bumps?

strictmomhere
by Verified Group Mod on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Can we help eachother in the bump post?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christi34
by Verified Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Bump

kyledavidsmom
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)