Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LTS's Life is Beautiful Challenge

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 331 Total Views

We'll see what this is....

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LostTheSlipper
by Golden Angel on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if I'll qualify anymore after this post, but we're not big fans of earth day or recycling or any of that. I watched a show on how most of the stuff they teach about the environment being in trouble is a bunch of crap and haven't really cared much for that viewpoint ever since, so I don't encourage my son to take part in any "earth-saving" activities. ...Sorry.

emtgirl885
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM
It is fine. You can still participate. :)

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

I don't know if I'll qualify anymore after this post, but we're not big fans of earth day or recycling or any of that. I watched a show on how most of the stuff they teach about the environment being in trouble is a bunch of crap and haven't really cared much for that viewpoint ever since, so I don't encourage my son to take part in any "earth-saving" activities. ...Sorry.

LostTheSlipper
by Golden Angel on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

It's not good folks:

Self-Kindness: 1.00
Self-Judgment: 4.80
Common Humanity: 1.75
Isolation: 5.00
Mindfulness: 1.00
Over-Identification: 4.75
Overall score: 1.20

Is the letter supposed to be from a real friend or just someone you imagine a caring friend? Generally I choose not to have friends. The so-called friends I had in the past all screwed me over or just used me and I decided long ago I'm done with that crap.

emtgirl885
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM
An imaginary friend

Hugs! I am sorry that they did that to you.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

It's not good folks:

Self-Kindness: 1.00Self-Judgment: 4.80Common Humanity: 1.75Isolation: 5.00Mindfulness: 1.00Over-Identification: 4.75Overall score: 1.20

Is the letter supposed to be from a real friend or just someone you imagine a caring friend? Generally I choose not to have friends. The so-called friends I had in the past all screwed me over or just used me and I decided long ago I'm done with that crap.

LostTheSlipper
by Golden Angel on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this

For 4/24:

Pretty interesting movie and concept, though imagine having to go through all that footage.

Also:

-giraffe births are gross

-chicken purse is funny

-parkour is fun to watch

-idiots steal and have the video to prove their stupidity

-I can live without the hospital footage

emtgirl885
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Lol, I know...pretty interesting! It was funny during the birth, when the dad fainted.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

For 4/24:

Pretty interesting movie and concept, though imagine having to go through all that footage.

Also:

-giraffe births are gross

-chicken purse is funny

-parkour is fun to watch

-idiots steal and have the video to prove their stupidity

-I can live without the hospital footage

LostTheSlipper
by Golden Angel on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I don't do makeup  - and that includes nail polish. BUT here is a *lovely* picture of my not-painted nails:

Besides, with as much as they're in water and doing things throughout the day, that stuff wouldn't last more than 4 hours, probably.

PS What do painted nails have to do with "Life is Beautiful"? :)

emtgirl885
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Lol, your nails are pretty, even with no polish.

PSS...makes you feel beautiful. Plus when I paint mine, I feel relaxed. :)

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I don't do makeup  - and that includes nail polish. BUT here is a *lovely* picture of my not-painted nails:

Besides, with as much as they're in water and doing things throughout the day, that stuff wouldn't last more than 4 hours, probably.

PS What do painted nails have to do with "Life is Beautiful"? :)

LostTheSlipper
by Golden Angel on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see, as a family we went to lunch together, like we always do on Sundays. That's about it. I guess DS and I took a walk tonight, but DH is at church, so he didn't come.

emtgirl885
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Where did you go for lunch?

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Let's see, as a family we went to lunch together, like we always do on Sundays. That's about it. I guess DS and I took a walk tonight, but DH is at church, so he didn't come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN