Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please read first

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 514 Total Views
1 mom liked this

The challenge forum is for anyone who wants to issue a challenge.  The challenges don't know have to only be a week long, they can be weeks, months, etc. 

I will try and do weekly challenges.  I will give out trophies for some of the challenges.  I will normally let you know if it is a trophy challenge, but there is always a chance it will be a surprise trophy challenge.  So if you do do the challenges post it.  I know there are times that we are all busy and can't get on everyday, just make sure you post as soon as you can and state everyday that you have done. 

I will not ask anyone to do anything I can't do.  If you have questions please ask.  Even if it may seem like a "dumb/stupid" question.  I would rather someone ask me something, especially if it is about how to do an exercise move then do it wrong.

Click on my siggy to join in.

by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PISCIS29
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
This is probably the wrong place to ask but I'm not sure. Is it better to exercise on a full or empty stomach? Which way burns calories faster and healthier? I had a baby in November of 2012 an still haven't been able to retain my shape and weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne ~ Owner on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM
people will tell you different things on exercising with a full or empty stomach. I find it best to have something in my stomach when I exercise. I usually wait about 30 minutes after eating to exercise. I look at it like this, your body needs fuel to burn when excersises so you need to have something in it.

As for burning calories the best thing to do is both strength training, ie lifting weights and cardio. When you do strenght traing you continue to burn calories after you stop. With cardio you only burn calories while you are doing cardio.

Make sure you don't push yourself to hard at first since you just had a baby.

Quoting PISCIS29:

This is probably the wrong place to ask but I'm not sure. Is it better to exercise on a full or empty stomach? Which way burns calories faster and healthier? I had a baby in November of 2012 an still haven't been able to retain my shape and weight.
PISCIS29
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Thank you so much. I was recommended yoga and some cardio to start. Then I'll go from there.

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

people will tell you different things on exercising with a full or empty stomach. I find it best to have something in my stomach when I exercise. I usually wait about 30 minutes after eating to exercise. I look at it like this, your body needs fuel to burn when excersises so you need to have something in it.

As for burning calories the best thing to do is both strength training, ie lifting weights and cardio. When you do strenght traing you continue to burn calories after you stop. With cardio you only burn calories while you are doing cardio.

Make sure you don't push yourself to hard at first since you just had a baby.

Quoting PISCIS29:

childofGod995
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM

It has been a long time since i have actually done any serious exerxcise. i just joined a gym and am looking to get rid of my core the most . what would you say would be the best exercises to do and how often since it has been quite awhile. i am 58 years old and i have lower back pains being that i am overweight.sometimes i have leg cramps also. my legs are swollen and my blood glucose level is at 114. i do not want to lose weight fast only gradually. i am not one of these people who do the protein drinks at the moment. i am on meds for my hypothyroidism and my depression and anxiety.you rock

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne ~ Owner on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I would suggest swimming if your gym has a pool.  If your gym offers classes, yoga would be a one to try.  Anything low impact would be good.  Even walking on the tread mill for as long as you are feeling ok.  You can also do the elliptical machine.  I would start out with just a couple days a week to see how your body is doing with exercising. 

Diet is really important to focus on too.  You aren't doing protein shakes which is fine.  Just make sure you get a balanced diet of healthy fats, good carbs and protein with each meal and snack you eat.  You want to eat about every 2-3 hours, so just small meals and snacks. 

I hope this helps and if you have more questions please ask.

Quoting childofGod995:

It has been a long time since i have actually done any serious exerxcise. i just joined a gym and am looking to get rid of my core the most . what would you say would be the best exercises to do and how often since it has been quite awhile. i am 58 years old and i have lower back pains being that i am overweight.sometimes i have leg cramps also. my legs are swollen and my blood glucose level is at 114. i do not want to lose weight fast only gradually. i am not one of these people who do the protein drinks at the moment. i am on meds for my hypothyroidism and my depression and anxiety.you rock

childofGod995
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM

thank you very much for the information. it is very helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN