Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dry Socket Now What

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 445 Total Views

Ok I had a tooth pulled Friday. I have dry socket now. I had it packed with paste this morning. It taste awful. How long does the paste stay in place? How well does it stay in place I am afraid to eat I don't want to wash it away. The dentist said no brushing teeth on that side but I can on the other side. Can I rinse my mouth? How long will I taste this stuff?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PrttyMstng
by Group Owner on May. 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM

You poor thing. The paste should dissolve. I'm not sure how long you will taste it. You can brush gently. Be careful swishing if you do rinse.

Did the dentist tell you that you could also take Motrin to ease some of the pain?

Do not use straws, smoke, or spit until the area is healed. All of these actions cause the healing clot to dislodge.

It may be a couple of days before you begin to feel better.

rpowers12
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Thank you. I am just concerned of eating I am afraid the packing will come out. I know it is supposed to dissolve but how long. I don't know how long it is supposed to be there so I am worried if it leaves too soon. I had some pain come back last night but it wasn't nearly intense. I am pregnant so I am not supposed to take motrin but I have a few times as I don't like vicoden. I am drinking plenty of fluids. I just hate not brushing my teeth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)