Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

So I may have to go back to work..

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 8:44 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have been a stay at home mom, the past 3.5 years, Im so torn, part of me wants to stay home, and part of me wants to go back to work, its only 2 days a week, so its not full-time. My kids already know our babysitter, and they are excited for mom to go back to work, they are happy if I am happy is what they both said to me....Aghhhh I hate being so confused!

by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Feb. 11, 2010 at 9:42 AM

How old are your kids?  How many hours would you be working?  How do your hours relate to spending time with the kids?

These are some questions you need to ask yourself. 

It is an adjustment but you would only be going 2 days a week.  If the kids have no objections about going to a sitter, then I'd say go for it.  Make the days you do have with the kids mean that much more.

Get your own Goldfish widget and signature here.

devante9901
by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM

It will be a transistion for you, but I think working part time is the best of both worlds! I get some time to myself, lots of time to be there for my daughter, and adult time, as well.

I work three days a week at a hospital, which includes every other weekend. I hate working evening shift on the weekend. And it provides my family with health insurance, which is so important.

I also try to write 40 hours a week, but that's more fun than work.

Bmat
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 8:57 AM
It is normal to be conflicted, but go ahead with the job. a couple days a week sounds ideal, and the children know their sitter and have expressed that they are OK with it. It will be good for you to expand your experience in the work world, besides getting some money, you will likely also build up SS points and also get your foot in the workplace door so you have more for your resume and if you want to work more hours at a later date you will have this already going for you.
singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Quoting Bmat:

It is normal to be conflicted, but go ahead with the job. a couple days a week sounds ideal, and the children know their sitter and have expressed that they are OK with it. It will be good for you to expand your experience in the work world, besides getting some money, you will likely also build up SS points and also get your foot in the workplace door so you have more for your resume and if you want to work more hours at a later date you will have this already going for you.

This is wht I was thinking

SITSGirls
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Working 2 days/week sounds like a great opportunity! 

As a mom who works from home- I enjoy having a roll in my life besides "mom".

Go for it!

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Eh, its not the end of the world! You may even enjoy yourself.

single_and_preg
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

2 days a week? That sounds great!

AMom29
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

{{HUGS}}

AM-BRAT
by on Feb. 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM

You already have a babysitter? Well, I guess you're set. I would kill to have adults to see twice a week...

mamapaparazzi
by on Feb. 14, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I had to go back to work, too, after many years of being a SAHM.  It's been quite an adjustment with lots of pros and cons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN