Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you balance your child's schedule so they are not too busy?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

but also keeping busy enough?

by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bmat
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM

We tried to have no more than one after school activity each day. Sometimes there were more- piano lessons and then karate, for example, but at least they were different types of activities. When they were younger we tried for one activity a day.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:58 PM

The only after school activity my oldest has is Tiger Scouts and I think that is enough for now. He is in school 5 days a week full day and then has homework 4 of those nights. I don't think he needs to be doing much else right now (especially since he's only in 1st grade).

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Easy! The kids only do one sport at a time. Usually resulting right now in baseball, soccer and snowboarding for Ethan and dance, soccer and snowboarding for Elise.

School always comes first. As they get older they will probably have alot going on at a time and I feel like now is the time to teach them how to multi task and have a balance.

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM

I agree with sports one at a time, or any activity for that matter. I don't want to overwhelm my kids.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Easy! The kids only do one sport at a time. Usually resulting right now in baseball, soccer and snowboarding for Ethan and dance, soccer and snowboarding for Elise.

School always comes first. As they get older they will probably have alot going on at a time and I feel like now is the time to teach them how to multi task and have a balance.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

maciymommieof3
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM

school before after school activites.

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:48 AM

We try to do only one activity at a time per child, it works for us, though I am on the go all the time 

single_and_preg
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I would only suggest 1 activity/sport at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)