Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Six month old, sits up on her own, but won't sit back up when she tips over!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 9:30 AM
  • 4 Replies

I know every child is different, but how can I be sure that my child is developing at the rate she is supposed to. My six month old daughter sit up on her own very well, and is almost crawling. However when she tips over or rolls onto her tummy, she won't sit herself back up. Is there something wrong?

by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
single_and_preg
by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

From what i know, that is pretty normal, she may be happier on her tummy, so she decides not to sit back up, or it could be too much of a struggle so she doesnt bother trying to sit back up.

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM

She's fine! My oldest and youngest didn't sit up until 8 months. And my 8 month old still can't get back into the sitting position at this point. My middle guy was a bit more advance and learned all this stuff at six months. Keep in mind that milestones are averages and there can be quite an age range for babies to reach these milestones. Nothing is wrong. She is absolutely normal.

kmrtigger
by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I think this is normal for her age. but if this really bothers you, then talk to her doctor about it.

Bmat
by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM

My son was the same. If we sat him up he could sit there, but he didn't have the coordination at 6 months to push himself up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN