Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Rewards:

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 6:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you do anything fun if your child brings home a good test grade or report card?

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM

If my son does well, we usually pick some kind of time frame, he gets to go out to eat breakfast with me. He picks the place: Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's, Burger King, the diner. Last Friday we went to DD. He loves going there and we had a really nice breakfast together talking about school and his friends and the birthday party we were having for him the next day. If his report cards remain so great through the end of the year, we will take him to Toys R Us to buy a new toy or game for his PS2 or Nintendo.

Bmat
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM
We only gave words of praise.
AM-BRAT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2010 at 12:34 AM

So far just words of praise, as BMAT says. My kids aren't school aged, but I could see a special outing or something here or there, but nothing regular.

KBix
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

So far just words of praise, as BMAT says. My kids aren't school aged, but I could see a special outing or something here or there, but nothing regular.

Kristina~mommy to Bailian and wife to Brad~

TempestRayne
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM

There are incentives-but they are less material and more "time-wise" like going to the playground and having a picnic, and stuff like that.

CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

We will go to icecream if I feel they have been doing good recently.............. kinda like an afterthought, not really "if you do this, we will do this" kinda thing. I took them to icecream because they had great reports cards. They were not expecting it...........

Barabell
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 4:44 PM

My son's school had a book fair the same time as parent-teacher conferences.  If we get a good report, we usually let him pick out a couple books.  Not only is a great reward, but the school also benefits from a percentage of the proceeds from the purchase.

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Mar. 25, 2010 at 6:58 PM

For report cards: We take them to the mall (report cards in hand) and they get a free pack of baseball cards. http://www.topps.com/toppsoftheclass/index.html Topps baseball card company.....
After that it depends. Usually they get to pick a matchbox car, this last report card the two middle ones picked out a package of Go-Go's. THe final report cards of the year we do something special.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)