Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Do you let your child drink soda frequently....OR

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

hardly ever?  What do they mainly drink?

by on Apr. 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by on Apr. 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

My daughter is not allowed to have soda at home. Soda used to be a treat she would get from my Dad but it was a small amount.   We will let her have some if we are out somewhere and there is no other option but that is very rare.  Kylie mainly drinks water, milk and some juice.

KTMOM
by on Apr. 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I rarely let my son have soda and my husband and I never drink it.  When I buy my son soda,  I get the Hansen's that is caffiene free and has cane sugar.  He loves it and it is not totally nasty like cokes and other sodas.  If we are at a party or something and he asks to have a soda I will let him,  but it does not happen often at all.

JustGail
by on Apr. 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

hardly ever.....

I let my oldest have flavored seltzer water with dinner sometimes (younger gal doesn't like it.)

other than that - only if we are at a relative or a party where there is no other choice.

they drink OJ, fruit/veggie mix juice, lemonade sometimes and milk mostly.

gatorade here and there -especially after being sick!

AM-BRAT
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2010 at 1:51 AM

UM NEVER. They're under 4. They have water and milk, and orange juice with breakfast!

AM-BRAT
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Quoting KyliesMom5:

My daughter is not allowed to have soda at home. Soda used to be a treat she would get from my Dad but it was a small amount.   We will let her some if we are out somewhere and there is no other option but that is very rare.  Kylie mainly drinks water, milks and some juice.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 7:07 AM

My kids are allowed caffeine free soda once a week. Usually with my parents when they watch them. Rootbeer or Sprite only. Usually they drink milk, water, or watered down juice (3/4 water, 1/4 juice).

Bmat
by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Hardly ever. They mainly drank milk or water.
mommybug77
by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM

They really only get it at in-laws or when we go out to eat. They mainly drink water or milk.

single_and_preg
by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM

no he never has.

Mom2Just1
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 6:09 PM

NEVER! He has the option of water, organic juice, or Organic milk.  We hardly drink soda-my husband and I.

June 7,2003-We got married!  May 14,2006- Our family is complete!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)