Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 135 Replies
8 moms liked this

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM

This is gonna be fun!

slightlyperfect

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Oh man I wish I could have participated!!

MommaNuney
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My son has a huge imagination, and I'm always looking for ways to help him express his creativity. I'm really looking forward to this! :)

tamidawn
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:11 AM
This sounds awesome. I can't wait to see mom's reviews.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I'm going to hold off on stating my opinion on this till after I hear the reviews. 

Mena929
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I first want to thank CafeMom and Hallmark for sending my family the recordable book I Will Love You Forever. I first want to say that we actually have this book and I used to cry when reading it to my oldest child who is 8. 

I took time this weekend to read this book to my younger children who are 4 and almost 2. My 4 year old loves the story, and she loves being able to read along with the voice that is pre-recorded. I then took the book and recorded my voice reading it. The look on my 4 yo face was just adorable. She couldn't believe she could hear me reading it and it said her name! (On the dedication page I dedicated the book to all 3 of my children) My almost 2 year old was also fascinated by the whole thing. They both just love books.

This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. I love that I can record my voice reading the book :) Especially since my 4 year old spends every other week at her dad's house. Now she can take the book with her and hear my voice whenever she wants to!

Again, thank you so much CafeMom and Hallmark!!! You make reading to my kids even more fun:)

Here is a short video of my daughter (4) "reading" the story.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, I have to say THANK YOU! Thanks to Cafe Mom and Hallmark for allowing me to participate in this influencer program; it was a great fit for my family and I really enjoyed it.

We received the recordable storybook "Under the Same Moon", which I used with my 4yo son. Because we live far away from most of our family, I could not imagine a better fit for our family! For those who have not read it, this is a classic children's story about wishing love for those who are far away from us.

My son was so surprised to open the book and hear my voice reading it to him. He had a huge grin after hearing the dedication page, where I included his name. "For me, mom?" It made this book more "special" than some of his others - this book really is JUST for him! :)

For myself, I felt like I was giving him something really special. Wherever he goes, he can hear me talking to him and telling this sweet story. I know it sounds kind of cheesy, but I actually teared up reading this story and thinking about how he can take it with him and know that he is loved.

The book was great for my son's active imagination, because it easily led us into talking about the people we love. While we are reading this story at bedtime, what do we think our grandparents are doing? What about our aunts and uncles? Our friends? We can tie it back into the book, thinking about how we love to look at the moon and how our friends far away can look at that same moon. He really likes story time to be interactive, and this helped facilitate that.

I have a plan to expand on this idea in the future by asking different family members to re-record the different pages. So one page might be in my voice, one page in Grammy's voice, one from Auntie Julia... I think it will be a great way to keep memories of people who are far away from us, and it will tie in with the story itself.

No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing... This would be a great gift for any family member to share with my son, and I don't think it will be the last recordable storybook he owns!

In the meantime, I have already found this book all around the house as he carries it with him. He loves books, but can't read yet. This is a perfect solution, because if I am cooking dinner or doing other activities he can still have a story read to him.

This is an instant classic for our family, and I'm so thankful to have had the chance to create this memory for my son!

sjump25
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Thank you and Hallmark for choosing me for this influencer! This is a great one for my kids because my kids are SUPER close to their grandma despite the fact that she lives 3 hours away. "Under the Same Moom" is the perfect book for her to record herself reading! My mom bought a recordable book for them last year (not Hallmark) and it stopped working almost immediately. My son was so disappointed because he loved having Grandma read him his bedtime story. We are going to visit my mom this weekend so I'm taking the book to have her record herself reading. Until then I have tried the book out and it seems to work perfect! And the story itself is a great story. I'm so excited about this influencer and I'm so thankful I was chosen! Thanks again Cafemom and Hallmark!
Kbrebs
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Hello! My name is Kasey and I am a mother to tow wonderful children. A five yr old boy and 1 yr old girl. Nathan and Kameron already have really great imaginations. I really enjoy hearing them use them together and try and add stuff in when I can. Most of the time I dont need to though, they can really go on forever just chatting and playing (well some days anyways! haha)

The Hallmark product we received was the "ill love you forever" recordable book. I have always really loved this story and I remember my step mom does too! My son really enjoyed hearing the story and being able to listen to it, over, and over, and over again if he wanted. Sometimes I feel like bed time is rushed and I feel like i don't have the time to sit there and read a story over and over like I know he would like. The thing I thought was really cool about the recordable story is that I can have my husband read some books for the kids when he gets deployed. I know that will be coming up in the next year or so, so I will def keep that in mind. He thought the idea was cute too.

Thanks Cafemom and Hallmark for the oppurtunity!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)