Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (101-110):
Reina13
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Going through this post has made me nostalgic, not only for the things my older boys did, but things I did as a child. 

I used to love Tinker Toys and I cannot believe that I never bought them for my children. I think I am going to do a web search and see if they even still sell them. If so, Im going to buy a set for my little one.

slw123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Love You Forever is my favorite all time story.  Despite the fact that I have read that book a thousand times to my children, it still brings tears to my eyes.

Hudson_Heights
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

tell us how you spark your child's imagination

No need for sparks from me (which is good because I'm often at a loss for creative things to try) - my kids are wildly imaginative and come up with fun, crazy, creative games and activities on their own!

Roo1234
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Plenty of opportunities to explore ideas without instruction.

Audreesmommy757
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM

love the reviews

Shawna510
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM
This was our 1st recordable book and my girls loved it. We will definitely get more! Thank you!
JaydeesLaydee
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

We talk....he likes Star Trek AND our chickens so we got to talking about what it would be like if chickens were Star Trek characters....and it ended up being a series of short stories that my son and I write. We even made one into a script and performed it at a church talent show not too long ago! 

steffers96
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I recently joined a website called "abcmouse.com" and our son really loves it! It's a learning website and he learns his letters and numbers and it sparks his imagination with coloring and drawing and music and learning! I love it!  ;)

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

mommytobobby
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM

thank you so much for choosing me to be apart of this influencer. this is our first recordable book, but it def won't be our last. my oldest son loved being able to record his abc's. he even got a kick out of the demo when the little boy messed up. lol he listens to it several times a day. thank you for sparking a bigger interest in reading for my son

Art.Consultant
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

This sounds like fun.  Another way to get kids involved are joining programs like Kids to Kids International.  Kids of all ages make books for children around the world.  Many moms will do this project for scouts, in school, afterschool activites and I have even helped students in HS start KTKI clubs and later become ambassadors to other countries.  Check out their web site.  Kidstokidsinternational.org  In the past I've been a presenter in schools and libraries many times and have done demos for teachers, also I went all around Peru distributing books and going into schools there.  If you would like more infor contact them or me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)