Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hi!  My name is Sabrina, I'm a mom to 3 little men.  They are ages 20 months, 3.5 years and 5.5 years. It seems my younger two have the best imagination.  Right now I feel like my oldest is "too cool" to use his imagination, lol!  But my younger two kids play together all the time.

The Hallmark Product we received was: Christopher Bear and Book ( ages 3 -10 years).  I was really excited to receive this one.  we've all been sick with a stomach bug recently so when we got this, it gave us a little extra reason to cuddle up and read a story.  My 3 year old was REALLY excited about the bear.  He immediately claimed it as his and even went and grabbed a smaller teddy bear so they could be friends :-)

We read through the story and the interaction with the bear was so cute.  The cue words are highlighted in yellow in the book so I easily knew where to make sure I spoke clearly.  It was a cute story about a little bear who goes camping and just can't get to sleep.  My son enjoyed it very much and I can't wait to read it again.

Thank You so much, CafeMom!  

KristenH1029
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Hi My name is Kristen, I have two boys ages 22 months and 3 years old.  I feel that my 3 year old has a great imagination.  He is always playing with his cars and trucks and making up "stories" as he is playing. 
The Hallmark product we recieved is the Bigsby and Book.  The toy and book are geard towards 3-10 year olds.  My 3 year old must have been in a mood the day we got it.  He says that Bigsby is scary.  Personally I think he is adorable and my 22 month old loves him too.
I read the story three different times to my three year old.  I could tell he thought it was cool the way Bigsby interacted with him by his facial expressions, however he is still claiming that Bigsby is scary. 
My 22 month old wouldn't sit still long enough for me to finish the story. 
I think that the story and the stuff animal is great! I love how the guy interacts. 

My 3 year old saw the little advirtisement and love the little puppy character.  I think that this would have blown him away if it was a different character. 
I really enjoyed the story and my son seemed to enjoy the story as well. 
Thank you so much Hallmark and CafeMom for giving me this oppurtunity!

kthruz143
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Hi, My name is Kerrie and I am a mom of two kids 4 year old dd and 22 month old ds. The item we received was Bigsby and book. Usually my 4 year old has a great imagination, but said Bigsby was scary. To me he is adorable. We sat down at bed time and you could tell she really liked the idea that he was responding to what i was reading, she loved the story itself. The only thing negative i can say about it is that the volume is very low. We really enjoyed the family time. Thanks Cafemom and Hallmark for the chace to take part in this

Chillisarah
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

My daughter has a very active imagination.  She loves to play dress up, pretend ballet dancing, and reading also sparks her imagination.  I read to her daily. She is 3 years old.  I also have an 18 month old son.

When I first received the recordable storybook - Love You Forever in the mail, I don't know if it's my pregnancy hormones or what but I just teared up.  I have borrowed this book from the library and read it to my children before, but to see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart.  

My daughter wants to read this all the time now.  It is sure to become her favorite book. Now I want to get more of these recordable storybooks. They are genius!  Hallmark really created something special when they made these recordable story books.  I just want to tell everyone about them so they can create something special like this for the child in their life.

tanya_marieh
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Hi,  I'm Tanya and I have two little girls Hailey who is 3.5, and Aria who is 23 months.  Both girls have a very active imagination and they are constantly making up their own stories reading books and playing with their train set and dolls.

I recieved "That's  What Grandmas Do A Wish For My Grandchild" by Alarie Tennille Illustrated by David Walker.  This book came at the PERFECT time because we live 1600 miles away from the kiddos grandparents and Grandma is visiting this week and is reading it with them right now and will record it before she leave.  The girls miss their grandparents so much that they love hearing their voice just over the phone and this will help them so much.  The book comes with the story already recorded just so you can here how it sounds and the girls both seemed really surprised at first that the book read to them and started laughing right away.  I think after this we will be buying a few more of the recordable books because their daddy is in the navy and gone a lot. 

I also want to say thank you very much to Halmark and cafemom for giving me the chance to give this to my kiddos.

Maries_Mom23
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Hi ladies!  My name is Alice!  I'm a SAHM to two girls.  Marie is 8 and Madison is 4.

I was delighted to be chosen for this program.  I have always loved Hallmark products!

This couldn't have arrived at a better time!  My 4 year old dd has been sick since Tuesday and I received it Wednesday.  I wasn't able to use it until yesterday, since we had to take her to the ER Tuesday evening for a very high fever we couldn't control.

Yesterday evening, I got them settled, and took it out of the box.  We got Abigail and The Balance Beam book and interactive bunny!  I turned Abigail on, sat her on the bed with the girls and started reading.  They were so surprised to hear her talk with me!  They thought she was just a stuffed animal.  I loved seeing their faces light up as I read the book and Abigail "talked" along with me!  

I love this product and have already told 3 of my cousins who have 2 year olds that this would be a great gift for them!  

Thank you Cafemom and Hallmark for this wonderful opportunity!  :)

kschlag
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Just an idea to keep imagination going ( and books are a great starting point)

Take the book, bag the words and make up your own stories with the pictures.  Or vice versa - read the words and create your own illustrations.

Now that's real imagination.

Audreesmommy757
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM

aww super jealous

Audreesmommy757
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:17 PM

we have the bug em lady bug that audree got as a gift and she loves it..we read and make up our own stories to spark her imagination

cheergurl84
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you Hallmark and Cafemom for this great opportunity!

We received the Christopher Can't Sleep Bear and Book for my 4 year old son. The minute I took Christopher and the book out of the box, Brodie was in love. When I read him the story, Brodie was so excited that Christopher talked too. Anytime Christopher spoke, Brodie responded to him. My son's face lit up while we read together. When we went to bed last night, Brodie put his bear to bed too. I guess Christopher is now part of the family.

Thanks Hallmark for such a great product! I'm very impressed with the story, illustrations, and the quality of Christopher Bear as he becomes part of a fun story about a father and son's camping trip together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN