Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (111-120):
Angeleyes3782
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I like saving old magazines and let them cut the pictures out and glue them on a poster to make a really neat piece of art. They love seeing their art everywhere. :)
Mamarosa54
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Got any good advice on disipline for a 10 month old?

GreatMom933
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I should find more about these recordable story books. Going to need them soon. expecting girl

Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

cute video

Quoting Mena929:

I first want to thank CafeMom and Hallmark for sending my family the recordable book I Will Love You Forever. I first want to say that we actually have this book and I used to cry when reading it to my oldest child who is 8. 

I took time this weekend to read this book to my younger children who are 4 and almost 2. My 4 year old loves the story, and she loves being able to read along with the voice that is pre-recorded. I then took the book and recorded my voice reading it. The look on my 4 yo face was just adorable. She couldn't believe she could hear me reading it and it said her name! (On the dedication page I dedicated the book to all 3 of my children) My almost 2 year old was also fascinated by the whole thing. They both just love books.

This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. I love that I can record my voice reading the book :) Especially since my 4 year old spends every other week at her dad's house. Now she can take the book with her and hear my voice whenever she wants to!

Again, thank you so much CafeMom and Hallmark!!! You make reading to my kids even more fun:)

Here is a short video of my daughter (4) "reading" the story.

Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

walgreens has a good selection

Quoting GreatMom933:

I should find more about these recordable story books. Going to need them soon. expecting girl

Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

good idea

Quoting Angeleyes3782:

I like saving old magazines and let them cut the pictures out and glue them on a poster to make a really neat piece of art. They love seeing their art everywhere. :)

Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM

i gotta check it out

Quoting steffers96:

I recently joined a website called "abcmouse.com" and our son really loves it! It's a learning website and he learns his letters and numbers and it sparks his imagination with coloring and drawing and music and learning! I love it!  ;)

Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

i never forget about the legos because i step on them a few times a week lol...but i agree legos are great for sparking imagination

Quoting Reina13:

How could I forget the legos?

He loves them. Not only are they great for fine motor skills but the things he comes up with when playing with them. I'll listen to him as he interacts with his lego creations and I have to admit, he does have a very active imagination.

steffers96
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Quoting Audreesmommy757:

Your kids will love it! It's funny because I've never seen 3 year old maneuver his way around a laptop before, so in addition to learning his math, colors, shapes, abc's, music, art and all the other stuff that abcmouse.com teaches him, he's also learning how to use the computer! Can't beat that for learning & skills. :)

Let me know what your kids think of it! ;)

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

susanhertzing
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I read story books to my sons we even watch fairy tale movies that makes it all come alive sometimes we put on a magic show and pretend we can fly we have a gutiar and kids just love making up there own songs to let out there emotions when there upset mad or deprest I act like there stuffed animals are talking to them and helps them out with there frustrations of what is bothering them it really helps them to understand it's okay for whatever there feeling weither there happy sad mad angry or frustrated singing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN