Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (121-130):
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM

cool

Quoting Kbrebs:

Hello! My name is Kasey and I am a mother to tow wonderful children. A five yr old boy and 1 yr old girl. Nathan and Kameron already have really great imaginations. I really enjoy hearing them use them together and try and add stuff in when I can. Most of the time I dont need to though, they can really go on forever just chatting and playing (well some days anyways! haha)

The Hallmark product we received was the "ill love you forever" recordable book. I have always really loved this story and I remember my step mom does too! My son really enjoyed hearing the story and being able to listen to it, over, and over, and over again if he wanted. Sometimes I feel like bed time is rushed and I feel like i don't have the time to sit there and read a story over and over like I know he would like. The thing I thought was really cool about the recordable story is that I can have my husband read some books for the kids when he gets deployed. I know that will be coming up in the next year or so, so I will def keep that in mind. He thought the idea was cute too.

Thanks Cafemom and Hallmark for the oppurtunity!

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM

we color alot...just take a look at audrees walls

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM

yay

Quoting Shawna510:

This was our 1st recordable book and my girls loved it. We will definitely get more! Thank you!

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM

this

Quoting pootersmomi:

My DS loves to color and draw. We keep plenty of supplies around for him to get creative.

terri76
by Terriny on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM

My jacob and i play board games alot and we are always going outdoors looking for things to talk about and spending time together

aniyasmom2011
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

We play dress up and sing silly songs. We act more like sisters than mother and daughter. I can't even imagine loosing her and I just can't imagine seeing her off to college as well. I want her here with mommy :)

inspireamy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:22 AM

How I spark my childs imagination is by providing her with fun activities I started a blog so we can have a digital scrapbook of all the activities and crafts we do I hope that you like it.  The idea is that I can share our ideas with other people and hopefully inspire them.  

craftamama
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM

You have to plant the seed.  Give some suggestion:  "what do you think if there was ever a.....?"  Model enthusiasm and creative endeavors for them. 

janoindia
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM

I have children learning the HIndi Language write this very cute and imaginative poem.

Dorothy2011
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

One of our students has a very strong imagination. He is quite creative, and sometimes with his amazing ideas he amuses me. In my opinion, we should let our children behave like children and enjoy their childhood. I always try to avoid toys that can only be played one way or come with a long list of instructions. Instead, opt for things such as building blocks, dough, crayons and paper or just kitchen utensils. "Free play is about letting children solve their own problems, as opposed to showing them what the answer is.
Your post is perfect, thanx for sharing. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)