Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
MommyAkaTiffany
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Thank you Cafemom and Hallmark for this opportunity!

I am Tiffany, a mother to 5 year old Alyssa and 20 month old Sophia and we received Bigsby and his book. When I first opened Bigsby out of the package my 1 year old took off with the stuffed Bigsby and my 5 year old disappeared into her room with his book. After playing with them separately for a while I brought the girls together and showed the girls how Bigsby interacted with his book while it was read out loud. Immediately both girls were impressed, they thought Bigsby was hilarious and they kept waiting and waiting from him to respond to the book. 

From a mothers perspective I was impressed by how well Bigsby responded to his book, the room wasnt overly quiet and it didnt matter who was saying the phrases or how clearly they were being read, Bigsby still responded.

I think that my girls, like most kids like to believe that thier toys just might really BE real and Bigsby helped them imagine just that.

Thank you again Cafemom and Hallmark!

CrazyDaisy123
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Deb.  First I would like to thank Cafe Mom and Hallmark for choosing me to participate in this program.  

The storybook that I received was That's What Grandmas Do.  When first receiving it in the mail, I went through and read it and was amazed how much it hit home with my grandchildren and kids I sit for and myself.  I am lucky to babysit for my 2 young grandsons along with the other children in my care.  My 2 granddaughters are much older, but when they read the book and heard my voice reading it to them, they were very touched.  

Ever since my own children were young, I have always taught them and the  children I babysit for, how important it is to use their imaginations.  We do alot of make believe play, which brings out each ones genuine imagination.  In reading the book with them the first time, they would say "gramma, we do that!", or "that's what we did!".  We have laid on the cool summer grass and looked up to the clouds and found animals, faces hidden in them.  We do alot of interactive plays and puppet shows which was also represented in the book.  Wishing upon a star was mentioned and so we talked about wishes and how sometimes we can help them come true.  The kids were amazed and one little boy said "this book is about us" and I told him he was right, it is!  They were really surprised to hear my voice coming out of the book and asked how I did that.  

I have purchased the Twas The Night Before Christmas recordable storybook for my grandchildren and will definitely be looking for another one of "That's What Grandmas Do" to give to my grandsons, ages 4 and 3.  I love these type of books, they make it so personal for the kids and it is something they will have always have from me.  

jpalmer
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM
We would love to have one of these...how do I get one for my kiddos??? We are always doing somthing creative...whether it be making a fort under the beds, or under the kitchen table, or having bakwards day and eating breakfast at dinner time in our pj's under the kitchen table...lol...it's always an adventure when you have kids...just depends on which journey your willing to take...i suggest you take the fun ones...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
Today at 10:57 AM
by Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM

We had a great time with this!

We got the Bug 'Em and Notes product.

My only concern was that this was the one product wasn't really age-appropriate for my daughter because she's 3, doesn't go to school yet, and can't read yet. But I could have seen us using these if she had been just a little bit older, putting the notes in lunches and maybe some secret places, having her take the Bug to school and pack him with some really cute things. It will be so cool when she's just a little bit older.

I and my mom did, however, sit down and help teach her to read the notebook. The font was clear and readable, the words were developmentally appropriate for the desiganted age group of the product, and both products were aesthetically pleasing. (My mom actually said she wished she would have had a product like this when I and my brother were kids!)

Normally, I put up videos and pics with my influencer posts, but I didn't get any good ones this time. I'm sorry. This was fun, and I would totally recommend this! The only thing I would suggest is that Hallmark get some ideas up on their Bug 'Em website. There wasn't much for me on there when I was searching for ideas.

slightlyperfect

corkigurl
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

These reviews are great! I was contemplating getting my son one of the recordable books for Easter and after reading what other mommys have to say about them I'm pretty such my son will just LOVE this! He loves books and of course loves his mommy so my voice in a book would be perfect :)

linda1941
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM

gosh, i must have had it really easy raising my 3 sons....not one of them is anything like the other...but they all kept busy themselves.....occassionaly   not often, they would play together. they kept themselvs busy...and i knew where they were at all ttimes.....now yyou know, thayt is a lie.........what about the time, jeff and hiis friend, painted his friends dog blue. or the time he and his friend found a bale of hay....and some matches........and out it on fire..........or the time jeff stopped the ice cream man, and bought ice creams for all of his friends, with all my silver $$....or, when Jason brought home walking sticks...and put them in his dresser drawer.....and i went to put his clean clothes away, opened up the drawer, and there had to have been 100's of baby walking sticks, that hatched in the drawer.....or the snakes Jason brought home, and took them down to the basement, and put them in the unused fish tank.....and ,of course.......it had several baby snakes !!  when we were transfered, i did not tell the moving men....except on the last day, and asked if they had found any of jasons snakes....if you could have seen their eyes.........and then the time Jason found a snapping turtle,it attached to a large stick he had,,,,,so he brought it home, and put it in the window well to the basement.....try getting thasat huge turtle out ~!!!!!!  now mind you, these were the days of sesame street....not phones and videos, and all the tech things that are from this century......Jason now has twin boys, 6 years old....ahha  his time will be here.....and jeff has grand babies......who says that his time is limited with the 4 children under the age of  6 and the last time he was there for a few times, and he told them to settle down.......and Daniel looked at him and said "grandpa, why are you so grouchy?'   he said that was the time he knew he needed to go home.....aww children   grandma linda

JoJoBean8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

We are loving our book and bear. We recieved Christopher can't sleep. I have had to read it for every nap time and bed time for my 4 year old. She has the book memorized by now. She tries to say the phrases to get Christopher to react but it doesn't work to well because I don't think she pronouns clear enough. My 10 month old claps any time the bear reacts to mama reading the story. This was so great. I never knew about the stuffed animals only the books. I think this is going to go on my gift buying list. Thank you cafemom and thank you hallmark!!!!

Ladybugmama86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to say I am sorry for this being so late, I got my package late and was VERY busy last week.

Thank you Cafemom and Hallmark for allowing us to be part of the influencer program! We love Hallmark and it was really fun for the girls (2 and 4) to get a package in the mail!

We recieved the bug 'em and notes and the girls loved it! The oldest one carries the plush bug around as a purse and my 2 year old likes to look at the book and have me read all the notes to her.

Because of this product we talked about how its nice to show people we love them by doing nice things for them, such as drawing pictures and putting them in daddy's lunch box, or sending grandma(s) a special note... Just because! The girls had a lot of fun thinking of other ways to help each other out, mostly it was my 4 year old, my 2 year old it kind of went over her head, but she had fun following big sissy around and helping her. They brought daddy his shoes, helped me pick up... It was fun and I loved seeing the girls being so nice and helpful because of a little stuffed bug!

My oldest starts school in the fall and I think this would be a great way to let her know we still love her and are thinking about her even if she isn't here with us all day any more. I plan on giving her a page a day just so she knows we love her. I think the bug 'em and pages is great for children going to school.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Audreesmommy757
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

hallmark sells them all...=0)

Quoting jpalmer:

We would love to have one of these...how do I get one for my kiddos??? We are always doing somthing creative...whether it be making a fort under the beds, or under the kitchen table, or having bakwards day and eating breakfast at dinner time in our pj's under the kitchen table...lol...it's always an adventure when you have kids...just depends on which journey your willing to take...i suggest you take the fun ones...lol

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

So I have never seen these products in-store before, just read all the the influencer posts. Do the stuffed animals respond to key phrases within a story? Do they talk?

It sounds like something my 4yo would really enjoy based on what the moms have shared here. We did a recordable storybook, which he also loves... But this sounds really neat.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

We are loving our book and bear. We recieved Christopher can't sleep. I have had to read it for every nap time and bed time for my 4 year old. She has the book memorized by now. She tries to say the phrases to get Christopher to react but it doesn't work to well because I don't think she pronouns clear enough. My 10 month old claps any time the bear reacts to mama reading the story. This was so great. I never knew about the stuffed animals only the books. I think this is going to go on my gift buying list. Thank you cafemom and thank you hallmark!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)