Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
JoJoBean8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM
There are certain phrases in the story that the bear responds to. It is really cute. My 4 yr old can't get enough.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

So I have never seen these products in-store before, just read all the the influencer posts. Do the stuffed animals respond to key phrases within a story? Do they talk?

It sounds like something my 4yo would really enjoy based on what the moms have shared here. We did a recordable storybook, which he also loves... But this sounds really neat.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

We are loving our book and bear. We recieved Christopher can't sleep. I have had to read it for every nap time and bed time for my 4 year old. She has the book memorized by now. She tries to say the phrases to get Christopher to react but it doesn't work to well because I don't think she pronouns clear enough. My 10 month old claps any time the bear reacts to mama reading the story. This was so great. I never knew about the stuffed animals only the books. I think this is going to go on my gift buying list. Thank you cafemom and thank you hallmark!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

What a wonderful program for all the moms who had the opportunity to participate.

When my son was younger and couldnt read yet. He would like to take a new book before I read it to him and based on the pictures, make up his own story. Boy did that fire up his imagination.

SabrinaLC
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

My MIL recently purchased the other two books that go along with our Christopher Bear.  My 3 year old still loves the stories and the interaction.

amonkeymom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM

All I have to do is give my daughter books to read and paper to draw on and she's set.  She's got a great imagination.

My son loves to build and can build so many things out of legos.  He loves those things and doesn't need much to inspire him to build anything he wants.

jennmarie77
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I give my kids paper, glue, markers and other crafty stuff and let them do as they want. 

They enjoy it so much.

I also make them go electronics free for a period of time on the weekends so they can use their imagination.

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

This looks like a very fun influencer!

My kids have pretty good imaginations- we read aloud a lot to them and they do a ton of reading- I really think that helps their imagination grow!

LuLuRex
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM

This looks awesome!

My son has a great imagination! I love listen to him play with his super hero toys and the dialogue he comes up with! 

LancesMom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM

We loved reading. One of the things we liked to do was to tape my son reading and send it to his grandparents. He was a natural talking to the camera as if it was his grandpa!

carolina_gal
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I give my DS a box of Lego's and let him get creative. He loves playing with them over and over.

carolina_gal
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Sounds great!

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Hi!  My name is Sabrina, I'm a mom to 3 little men.  They are ages 20 months, 3.5 years and 5.5 years. It seems my younger two have the best imagination.  Right now I feel like my oldest is "too cool" to use his imagination, lol!  But my younger two kids play together all the time.

The Hallmark Product we received was: Christopher Bear and Book ( ages 3 -10 years).  I was really excited to receive this one.  we've all been sick with a stomach bug recently so when we got this, it gave us a little extra reason to cuddle up and read a story.  My 3 year old was REALLY excited about the bear.  He immediately claimed it as his and even went and grabbed a smaller teddy bear so they could be friends :-)

We read through the story and the interaction with the bear was so cute.  The cue words are highlighted in yellow in the book so I easily knew where to make sure I spoke clearly.  It was a cute story about a little bear who goes camping and just can't get to sleep.  My son enjoyed it very much and I can't wait to read it again.

Thank You so much, CafeMom!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN