Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (61-70):
bamababe1975
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Another way I sparked my children's imaginations is through playtime. We sat down with blocks, dolls, whatever, and played together, making up our own stories and actions as we went along.

bamababe1975
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Oh, and now that they're older, I encourage them to read, write, draw, and play with their toys themselves. I've also found that when they play The Sims 2, they come up with really creative stories that they then take to their rooms to act out with their dolls and they have a lot of fun.

bamababe1975
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM

They also play outside still and love to pretend.

bubsteroni
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Reading is something we all still do.  I have always said that reading a book is like playing a movie in my head, my kids have all inherited that ability to see the pictures that the words paint as well and not just letters on a page.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Reading to them has always been one way I've sparked their imagination. I've often found them after reading a new book acting out things from the book with their toys.

bubsteroni

Legos... my son's favorite thing in the world!

Quoting LancesMom:

Oh yes, Lance loved Legos too! From the bigger ones when he was a toddler to the little kits as he got older.

Quoting carolina_gal:

I give my DS a box of Lego's and let him get creative. He loves playing with them over and over.

bubsteroni

Awww!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Last night when it was time for our bedtime story, my son immediately pulled the recordable storybook back out and said, "I read it myself!" He is very much at that 4yo independence stage, so he loved being able to do this bedtime story by himself... And he still got to hear my voice reading it to him. :)

DNewman
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM

My girls still love them!

Quoting bubsteroni:

Legos... my son's favorite thing in the world!

Quoting LancesMom:

Oh yes, Lance loved Legos too! From the bigger ones when he was a toddler to the little kits as he got older.

Quoting carolina_gal:

I give my DS a box of Lego's and let him get creative. He loves playing with them over and over.

carolina_gal
by Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

That is so great!

Quoting KristenH1029:

Hi My name is Kristen, I have two boys ages 22 months and 3 years old.  I feel that my 3 year old has a great imagination.  He is always playing with his cars and trucks and making up "stories" as he is playing. 
The Hallmark product we recieved is the Bigsby and Book.  The toy and book are geard towards 3-10 year olds.  My 3 year old must have been in a mood the day we got it.  He says that Bigsby is scary.  Personally I think he is adorable and my 22 month old loves him too.
I read the story three different times to my three year old.  I could tell he thought it was cool the way Bigsby interacted with him by his facial expressions, however he is still claiming that Bigsby is scary. 
My 22 month old wouldn't sit still long enough for me to finish the story. 
I think that the story and the stuff animal is great! I love how the guy interacts. 

My 3 year old saw the little advirtisement and love the little puppy character.  I think that this would have blown him away if it was a different character. 
I really enjoyed the story and my son seemed to enjoy the story as well. 
Thank you so much Hallmark and CafeMom for giving me this oppurtunity!

pootersmomi
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM

That is so sweet!!

Quoting bubsteroni:

Awww!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Last night when it was time for our bedtime story, my son immediately pulled the recordable storybook back out and said, "I read it myself!" He is very much at that 4yo independence stage, so he loved being able to do this bedtime story by himself... And he still got to hear my voice reading it to him. :)

pootersmomi
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM

My DS loves to color and draw. We keep plenty of supplies around for him to get creative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)