Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you spark your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hallmark helps moms like you by offering fun interactive storybooks, recordable storybooks and more great products to families with young children. We gave moms a product from the following list and asked them to share their experiences.

Here is what some of our moms had to say:

Mena929 says:
This was the first recordable book we have owned, but I will tell you this won't be the last. You make reading to my kids even more fun:)
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

Chillisarah says:
To see my children's face light up with surprise to hear both my husband and I reading the story to them just warmed my heart. 
(Love You Forever Recordable Storybook)

SarahSuzyQ says:
No matter what story it is, being able to hear the voice of people we love seems to be such a powerful thing.
(Under the Same Moon)

Check out what othere moms have to say and then tell us how you spark your child's imagination.

Best, 

( ) The CafeMom Team

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (71-80):
foodie.at.heart
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I spent a lot of time just playing on the floor with my DS.  I miss those times.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Another way I sparked my children's imaginations is through playtime. We sat down with blocks, dolls, whatever, and played together, making up our own stories and actions as we went along.

Maryjane66
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Fun!

foodie.at.heart
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

We have this..Bug 'Em and Notes
 and love it!

Heather2001
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I'm sorry this review is coming late, but there is a reason for it.  I want to first thank Cafemom for choosing me for this influencer program!  We love Hallmark!

We received the book several weeks ago and my daughter (3) was instantly glued to it.  She's received several of these recordable Hallmark books from her out-of-state grandparents so she knew exactly what it was and was a bit confused why Nana wasn't the one reading it to her at first, hahaha!  We read through the book once as-is and that's when I knew I had a problem.

You see, I'm pregnant and hormonal and reading just the first page of "Love You Forever" brought on the water works.  Sad, but true.  I ended up bawling through the book.  Luckily, my kids are used to this now because it happens a lot when I read these kinds of books so it didn't phase them, but I sure as heck wasn't about to record myself crying the book.

That being said, I tried reading it alone a few times and still couldn't do it.  SO, I had to wait until my husband was available to do the recording part of it.  Terrible.

Regardless, my daughter was ecstatic to hear daddy's voice reading the book to her one night while he was at work (he works 3 nights a week).  So it ended up being a good thing that he recorded it instead of me seeing as he isn't home some nights to read them their bedtime story.  It makes that book just that much more special to my babies.  =)

Thanks again to Cafemom and Hallmark!  You have made my children's nights even more special and I know we'll be buying more recordable books in the future.  =))

Reina13
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Another thing we do is something I did as a child, we lay down on a blanket in hte back yard and watch the clouds form all kinds of wonderful things. Dragons, firetrucks, go karts anything you can imagine.

NearSeattleMom
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Another great use for these kind of books is to record the voice of an elderly grandparent or a distant relative.  My 70-year old mom gave one to her 100-year old mother who loved it so much.

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Quoting bubsteroni:

Reading is something we all still do.  I have always said that reading a book is like playing a movie in my head, my kids have all inherited that ability to see the pictures that the words paint as well and not just letters on a page.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Reading to them has always been one way I've sparked their imagination. I've often found them after reading a new book acting out things from the book with their toys.

That is so true- great way to put it!

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Quoting foodie.at.heart:

We have this..Bug 'Em and Notes
 and love it!

This looks really cute!

Flaca43
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Thank you to Cafemom and Hallmark for letting me be a part of this wonderful Influencer! I am so sorry that I wasn't able to post earlier. I recieved the box and opened it up to find the Bug em with notes for my 9yr old son, Zavie. I put in some candy and gum in it for him as he deserved a special treat. I put the note with the bug holding it for him to see. He loved reading the note and opening the little bag to see the goodies inside! I've used it to send his little snacks and a note each time for school as well. He always asks if he will get it back after I get it from him when he comes from school. I tell him yes and he smiles. He is always excited to look for it the next morning to take to school. I just love that he and I can have a little something special between us each day as he has to share me with 3 other siblings. Thank you again Cafemom and Hallmark for letting me be a part of a great influencer!

**I hope to get my camera working soon so I can upload the pictures I have taken for this influencer.

ARmom
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Awwww

I think a recording of you crying would be a great present to the newest little one. lol
That book with daddy reading is going to be a keeper though! 

Quoting Heather2001:

I'm sorry this review is coming late, but there is a reason for it.  I want to first thank Cafemom for choosing me for this influencer program!  We love Hallmark!

We received the book several weeks ago and my daughter (3) was instantly glued to it.  She's received several of these recordable Hallmark books from her out-of-state grandparents so she knew exactly what it was and was a bit confused why Nana wasn't the one reading it to her at first, hahaha!  We read through the book once as-is and that's when I knew I had a problem.

You see, I'm pregnant and hormonal and reading just the first page of "Love You Forever" brought on the water works.  Sad, but true.  I ended up bawling through the book.  Luckily, my kids are used to this now because it happens a lot when I read these kinds of books so it didn't phase them, but I sure as heck wasn't about to record myself crying the book.

That being said, I tried reading it alone a few times and still couldn't do it.  SO, I had to wait until my husband was available to do the recording part of it.  Terrible.

Regardless, my daughter was ecstatic to hear daddy's voice reading the book to her one night while he was at work (he works 3 nights a week).  So it ended up being a good thing that he recorded it instead of me seeing as he isn't home some nights to read them their bedtime story.  It makes that book just that much more special to my babies.  =)

Thanks again to Cafemom and Hallmark!  You have made my children's nights even more special and I know we'll be buying more recordable books in the future.  =))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)