Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Sad..Bummed..Hurt..You name it..that is what i am. *UPDATE*

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 24 Replies

Today was a crappy day for me!!!!! I am a single Mother to a wonderful almost 16 year old son who for now lives with me but does visit his dad on the weekend and sometimes during the week. When i came home from work tonight my son told me his father was coming over because he had something to tell me and he wanted his dad here. Let me tell you it was a punch in the stomach!!! My son told me tonight he wants to go and live with his dad for a while because he misses being with him. His father was not always in his life when he was young as he did not live here. But when his dad left the military he moved back and fell into a great place in jacob's life. We have shared custody and it is up to us to divide the time so basically he is here most weeks and with his dad most weekends. neither one of us pay child support..So if we were to switch it up and it would not intefere with custody either way. I am at a loss because i do not know what to say..I am sooo sad and have been super upset since about 6. I know he needs his dad but i am not sure i want to disrupt his schedule like that.. so i am at a loss and his dad is happy with whatever i choose to do...Soo these next couple of days will be rough ones.

*** I updated on page 2 ladies!! Thank you for all of your cares and support it means so much to me!!! ****

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I am sorry, that has to be a tough decision.

LuvingRN
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Aw hun...I'm so sorry!  I know that you're feeling hurt right now but you're an amazing mom and you've raised an equally amazing son.  Trust in your son...right now he feels like he needs his dad but that doesn't mean that he loves you any less.  He might realize once he lives with his dad for a bit, that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Good luck Momma! (sliding your margarita to you now :) )

terri76
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Thank You.. I think this is one of the hardest decisions i have ever had to make.

sad

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I couldn't even imagine :(

I am here if you need to talk, sometimes getting stuff out makes you feel a little better.

Quoting terri76:

Thank You.. I think this is one of the hardest decisions i have ever had to make.

sad

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

terri76
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Thank You!! I have so much trust in him and i know that he really wants this and i know it was hard for him to admit and it hurt him that he hurt me so i know it is something that he really wants... He is super sensitive like his mother :-). I am just going to be sooo lost without him here and it will be so quiet in the house :-( . Part of me hopes he realizes that and the other part hopes it is all he thought it would be and more. His dad is a wonderful person we just were not wonderful together. I think this hit his dad hard to as he had no idea and felt so bad. But there is no need for that. Thanks for your kind words and the margarita!!! :-D

Quoting LuvingRN:

Aw hun...I'm so sorry!  I know that you're feeling hurt right now but you're an amazing mom and you've raised an equally amazing son.  Trust in your son...right now he feels like he needs his dad but that doesn't mean that he loves you any less.  He might realize once he lives with his dad for a bit, that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

terri76
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Thank you so very much!!!! it means more to me then you know!!! It will be a rough rest of the week deciding what to do.. I told my son i would decide by friday what to do. I am glad i have friends here to talk to when i need it!!!

blowing kisses   hugs

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

I am here if you need to talk, sometimes getting stuff out makes you feel a little better.

Quoting terri76:

sad

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

MommaNuney
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry Momma! That is rough! My 16 year old daughter only threatens to go live with her dad when she gets in trouble here or doesn't like our rules. I couldn't imagine being in your position...I would be at a loss too. Hang in there ((HUGS))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You are more than welcome :)

Quoting terri76:

Thank you so very much!!!! it means more to me then you know!!! It will be a rough rest of the week deciding what to do.. I told my son i would decide by friday what to do. I am glad i have friends here to talk to when i need it!!!

blowing kisses   hugs

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting terri76:

sad

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

LuvingRN
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM
2 moms liked this

You know we're all here to support you.  We are here to listen, lend a hand, vent to, celebrate your exciting news, and we're here to hold you when there's tears.

hugs

Quoting terri76:

Thank You!! I have so much trust in him and i know that he really wants this and i know it was hard for him to admit and it hurt him that he hurt me so i know it is something that he really wants... He is super sensitive like his mother :-). I am just going to be sooo lost without him here and it will be so quiet in the house :-( . Part of me hopes he realizes that and the other part hopes it is all he thought it would be and more. His dad is a wonderful person we just were not wonderful together. I think this hit his dad hard to as he had no idea and felt so bad. But there is no need for that. Thanks for your kind words and the margarita!!! :-D

Quoting LuvingRN:

fallnangel3
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 4:53 AM
1 mom liked this

((HUGS))  I'm so sorry hon.  I can see why you are upset, and I could see how he would want to live with his dad too.  We're all here if you want to talk about it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN