Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Tell Them Challenge Day 11: I'm Proud of You

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 57 Replies

There are so many reasons to tell your kids you're proud of them, and you can never say it enough -- so make a point to tell them when you're proud of them today, and every day.

Share why you're proud of your kids in the replies below!

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! Sign up for the Tell Them Challenge here. If you participate in 10 of the 15 days, you'll be entered to win a $25 gift card to Hallmark Gold Crown.

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM

they always try their best

PEEK05
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Yesterday I told my 3 year old I was very proud of her for behaving in the store. We just started teaching her to walk in the store by holding onto the cart so she doesn't have to be in a stroller or sitting in the cart anymore. She did great.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I'm so proud of him for working hard to be a good listener. He has his bad days, but he's still the most amazing kid I've ever meant. I realize I'm a bit biased, but I'm so happy he was given to me. He's the greatest blessing in my life and is worth any sacrifice I have to make.
christi34
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I let my sons spend the night Saturday night with one of their friends and when they got home Sunday they went straight in their room and cleaned it without being told to. they even helped me cook super. My kids are great. 

My son Alex (8) even took a bath without me having to scream at him. And this morning he got up and got dressed and still had plenty of time to waste before having to walk to the bus stop. He got his clothes ready the night before so he wouldn't have to find anything this morning but socks. 

I am proud of Andre (11) because he helps me out a lot, from house work, to yard work (he loves cutting the grass), to helping me cook. He sent me a good morning/I love you text this morning while walking to the bus stop.

Yes, I tell my boys every day that I love them and that I am proud of them. 

sweetlyblissful
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I'm so proud of my children!! Where do I start??

My DD came and told me last night that she is going to play with someone elseat school and that she decided that she won't let that "mean"friend tell her what to do anymore.  She loves to help me out and she's growing up to be such a sweet girl.  She is starting to speak her mind...which I love.  lol

My DS is such a big helper.  I know he has a hard time focusing on things, but he is so smart.  He is so polite and generous.  He loves to make people smile.  He has such a big heart.  He's growing up to be such a nice boy. 

My baby girl is crawling and trying to stand up.  She's getting so big and she is such a silly and sweet baby.  I'm a proud mama.

Paigesmommy78
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I'm proud of her just b/c she always does her best and is learning and growing so well

bayliesmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM
My dd is a very quick learner! I get so proud of her when she learns something new!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I'm so proud of my kids several time throughout the day.   Now that they are on spring break we get to spend more time together too

BaBeezandMe
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I did this Friday when my son (1st grade) came home with 2 1/2 weeks worth of happy faces on his behavior report in a row!!  I was BEAMING for him!

I will tell them how proud I was of their behavior last night at the aquarium today when they get home from the boys & girls club!

heidi_val
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I'm proud of my oldest for loving school and being such a sweet boy. He loves to share with his frienda.
I'm proud of my youngest two because they are learning so fast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)