Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who were your role models as you were growing up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Growing up, did you have a role model or somone you looked up to?  What made them be a role model for you?

butterfly

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
LuvingRN
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM
My parents were not role models by any means! I honestly didnt have any growing up :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mittens1113
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM

My aunt!! She is 7 yrs older than me. She lost her mom when she was 12. She has always been a strong and amazing person. She is a great mother and she has always been there for me no matter what.  We always talk and I feel like her kids (all 5) are my brothers and sisters (thats how close we all are) She is the best!!

nursemc
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM

My stepmom, she was just so full of energy, always organized, always getting stuff done. I admired that until I got older and found out she was like that because of drugs.

tokariola
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM

my role model its some one you may know or not cos it a footballer,its name seneden sedan,you know i love  am a footballer too,so i love to be like him in future,and also the same winge,thanks

mik1of3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

My parents.  They taught me not to be afraid to stand up for what I believed in, even if the people I was up against were grownups--including them.  (Didn't make any of us very popular in the schools, but...)

Sugamomma27
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM

My role model has always been me. My inner self, I have always looked to because even though some have inspired me to do good things in life, I never had a bonding relationship with them. My role models now are God and myself.

onethentwins
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

My horse riding instructor, because of her generosity, and Margaret Thatcher because she showed that a woman could be elected to "president" and do a great job of it.

onethentwins
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Quoting tokariola:

my role model its some one you may know or not cos it a footballer,its name seneden sedan,you know i love  am a footballer too,so i love to be like him in future,and also the same winge,thanks

I thought it was Zinedine Zidane. I'm an L.A. Galaxy fan and got to see him when we played Real Madrid. My main memory of him was his head but during the World Cup Final in 2006. What a way to end a great career!

barking
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Maiya Angelo was my role model growing up as a teenager.

mom2fivekids579
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM

My parents wonderful hardworking honest people lucky me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)