Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who were your role models as you were growing up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Growing up, did you have a role model or somone you looked up to?  What made them be a role model for you?

butterfly

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
fanci64
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom, she was a very loving and caring women. She not only raised her own 3children but many other foster children. Alot of those children are still a part of our family today and so are their children. It amazed me that she could be such a loving and caring women considering the awful man she was married to. My step father was a very mentally , verbally, and physically abusive person. She protected us all from him at the cost of herself many times. I love you mom and miss you so much <3<3<3<3
DixieL
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM

My mom who raised four girls on her own, a lot of the time has and always will be my role model and my hero

PuppetDani
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM

My Grandma.  She has passed now. but she got to know and love my children.

Outrageous
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM
My old boss at the time ... I was 15 and worked pt after school at a social service agency & wanted to be just like her! She was intelligent, beautiful, charasmatic, CARING n dedicated to not only her work- where she was the only executive of color, but to her husband and her older parents n everyone who walked into her office! . I found myself wanting to please her and make her proud of me because she showed me more compassion n interest than my own parents ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM

My grandmother and grandfather.   My grandma is in her 80's now but still the perfect example of a lady in all sense of the word.  My grandfather because he is the guru and just has thee most profound insight on life.  Amazing people with lots of class.

25beengoodtome
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM

1950's Dinner seemed to be cooking, and  mom was happy to spend an hour outside before dad walked home from work.

EXPLORE your world  at Cafe Mom!

youngs_wifey05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Indiana Jones. and Ariel.

elizabooks
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Isadora Duncan. My grandmother would tell me stories about seeing her dance and how she would stand up for who she was. And of course the way she died.

Also Zenobia of Palymra. A trilingual warrior queen who challenged the Roman Empire.

"Those who speak with contempt of the war I am waging against a woman, are ignorant both of the character and power of Zenobia. It is impossible to enumerate her warlike preparations of stones, of arrows, and of every species of missile weapons and military engines."--Emperor Aurelian

My family tends to tell stories of strong women.

ambr2006
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Honestly, my dad. I was taught to never idolize celebrities because they're just people with lots of money. My dad died last May from cancer, but he worked three jobs just so we could stay in the finest neighborhood, and attend the best school in town. He rode a bike for about a year until we were blessed with a car. I love him and miss him dearly.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 AM
i did not have any rolemodles

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)