Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Do you keep special notes and cards from loved ones?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 27 Replies

Hi ladies,

Do you always keep notes and cards that are extra special to you? Where do you keep them?

giving heart

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meltopia529
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Yes I do. I keep them mostly in a shoe box. Cards I punch a hole through and put on a ring. I can go through and read them when I want.

I also have saved cards and letters others have given my son. One day he'll be able to go back through them and read all the encouraging words from others!

Meltopia529
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is the link to the card book I'm talking about.

http://somethingturquoise.com/2011/11/11/diy-card-mini-album/

TS2
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I too have multiple shoe boxes full of these hings.  I was also helping my daughter clean her room once when she was 6 or so and found she had a box of her own marked "Noots" lol.  She was sentimental even then.

terri76
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Yes i do. I have also kept every single card my son has gotten as well...i keep them in a keepsake box
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffers96
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Oh yes!!! I'm a sentimental sucker! LOL! But....I'm glad I am! I lost my two great aunts and my grandmother, and my hubby lost his grandmother, and the other day I was going through my cards and I found cards from my two great aunts and my grandma, and even ones from my hubby's grandma (who was a LOVE to me!!). I even found a handwritten recipe from one of my great aunts red onion steak - it's a recipe everyone in my family has been trying to get ahold of for years, but my great aunt told me not to give it to ANYONE, so I haven't, and nobody knows I have it! LOLOL!!  :)

I'm sooooo sentimental that I even keep voicemails from my hubby and grandparents. Every year when I get a Happy Birthday song from my parents, grandparents and hubby, I save them until the next year. I've always told myself that if I lost my grandparents I'd still love to hear them sing happy birthday to me even after they're gone.

My MIL gave me these large plastic drawer/container things many years ago. They are a 3 drawer container, quite large, and I've been saving cards in there for years...I think I found a card in there from 1994 when I graduated from high school, and I've got a separate box of wedding cards we got in 1996.

I'm a little sappy....sorry!  ;)

hugs

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM

yes i keep them in a shoe box in my closet

gacgbaker
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yes, I have a file box and I keep the ones to myself and the kids if they are special.

LancesMom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I have some cards from before my Mom passed away that my Grandma saved and gave back to me. It is kinda nice to go back and see her written words in the cards.

LancesMom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I also saved a few homemade cards from my son from when he was in school! One I even framed! =)

DNewman
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Yup I have one from my hubby for our anniversary last yr still sitting on my desk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)