Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Looking back over family memories....

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you ever pull out old pictures or cards to bring back memories? When is the last time you looked through a photo album or reminisced over saved greeting cards?

lesbians

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I don't have any photos of me or my siblings when we were little, they were lost in a move when I was younger.

I do have LOTS of photos of my boys so I look through those often with my kids. I am also in the process of making a movie out of my photos :)

terri76
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

i actually did this today while scrapbooking :-) I love looking over old pictures and letters and cards :-)

sweetlyblissful
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I haven't for awhile.  I should do that soon.  I guess I'm afraid to bring back some memories.   Most of them are good, but it gets me thinking about my baby boy that passed away.  

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Since the fire, we really dont save things. All our pics are uploaded to the net as soon as we take them and we look at them once in awhile.

gacgbaker
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Quoting Meltopia529:

Oh I love this idea! Great way to reconnect each year!

Quoting gacgbaker:

Yes, we do this every year on the kids birthday's and our anniversary- each year I make a scrapbook that sums up that year and on the date we look at the new one as well as the ones from years past.  

Thanks!  The kids love it- we just got the book for my son's 10th birthday- I order them from Shutterfly and so the kids recognize the bright orange boxes right away and get so excited!

gacgbaker
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I just caught my daughter going through her memory box last night reading her old cards and notes to her little sister- made me think of this post!  lol!

amonkeymom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I don't save greeting cards, but was just looking through some pictures on my computer last weekend.  It's amazing how fast my kids have grown!

bamababe1975
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I do that sometimes, usually around milestones like birthdays or anniversaries, or around holidays, but sometimes just because I'm in the mood to reminisce.

bamababe1975
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Oh, and the last time I did that was about a month ago when going through the girls' closets. I made them these decorated storage boxes in which I put momentos from their baby days and we pulled the things out to look them over and talk about them as babies. :0

PEEK05
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Not without reason

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN