Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

LADIES THIS IS SERIOUS!!!! IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay ladies i didn't realize this until now...but google your cafemom screen name!!! If your profile is not set to PRIVATE then EVERYTHING you post or reply on cafemom people will be able to google!!! I'm talking pictures, thought bubbles, maybe a rant or vent you have had and needed to get out! Or maybe its a secret you don't feel comfortable talking about irl...well guess what YOU CAN BE GOOGLED and all it takes is a busy body to google your screen name!!!

I am posting this because i want you to be aware!!! Please make your profiles private!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Replies (21-28):
sweetlyblissful
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Nothing!!! Is private!!! Cafemom is actually better than facebook! I won't even post pics on there anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetlyblissful
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Also do you know how many times you are on video when you go out in public?? It's scary! I wear make-up everywhere now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:45 PM
On video???

Quoting sweetlyblissful:

Also do you know how many times you are on video when you go out in public?? It's scary! I wear make-up everywhere now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetlyblissful
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Yep seriously! Stores, banks, gas stations.

One thing that bothers me is that it is possible for people to hack into laptops or computers and watch your webcam. It's scary!! Technology is great, but has its pitfalls.
I now have a piece of tape over my laptop camera. Sorry...hope I don't get everyone all paranoid. :/

Quoting jpalmer:

On video???

Quoting sweetlyblissful:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Okay so now my tablet has a piece of electrial tape on the camera...lol

And i will mae sure i have make up and at least do somthing with my hair...lmao

Quoting sweetlyblissful:

Yep seriously! Stores, banks, gas stations.

One thing that bothers me is that it is possible for people to hack into laptops or computers and watch your webcam. It's scary!! Technology is great, but has its pitfalls.

I now have a piece of tape over my laptop camera. Sorry...hope I don't get everyone all paranoid. :/

Quoting jpalmer:

On video???

Quoting sweetlyblissful:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM

*chuckles*

I think some of ya's need to step away from the computer for a bit.

The internet has been like this since it was created. ANYTHING you put on the web, private or not, can be found. Its never been a secret. 

The ONLY way to stop your information from being found is to NOT put it out there.

LuvingRN
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM

My profile was set to friends only so I think I'm okay.  I'm sure if people really want my info, they'll get it regardless.

casey.foster09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Yea I had to take the kids off my profile so they wouldn't just be all out there. Crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)