Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Do you and your mom have similar parenting styles?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 88 Replies

Hi ladies,

Do you have a similar parenting style to your mom's? How does your parenting style differ?

bouncing mom

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meltopia529
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I hate to admit it, but I am very similar to my mother. :-/ We do a lot of things the same way. The thing we are most different about would have to be discipline. She never really disciplined us as kids. My father did all of it! Where me and my hubby share in disciplining our son.

Audreesmommy757
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this

we do not even come cose to haveing the same parenting tecniques..i love my kids and care for them and thye mean more to me then anything

MommaNuney
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Same here!

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

we do not even come cose to haveing the same parenting tecniques..i love my kids and care for them and thye mean more to me then anything

VisionSeeker
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm the direct opposite of my step mom who raised me.  She was abusive so I made a mental choice to never follow her example.

Bgbluford785
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I don't think we do she always used force so I was afraid of her growing up. I use a talk it out method bc I don't want my kids to be scared of me.
terri76
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom and i are similar!!! I am proud to say i learned alot from my mom...We have similar parenting styles ;-)

VanillaSprinkle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

NOOOOOO

Nneka02
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Not at all, me and my mother are like oil and water when it comes to parenting. I am not sure how I survived my childhood living with her!

gacgbaker
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I do have similarities in some areas, but most I think are different- she wasn't a horrible mom or anything, we just look at things differently and approach them from different ways.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)