Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Do you and your mom have similar parenting styles?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Do you have a similar parenting style to your mom's? How does your parenting style differ?

bouncing mom

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (81-88):
momma2bubbas
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Yes and no. 

I am not as strict as my dad was. My mother was the

more passive, yet open parent. I am not passive, but I have a very

deep empathy for my kids so its a little complicated!

vannahs
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

we do not even come cose to haveing the same parenting tecniques..i love my kids and care for them and thye mean more to me then anything

disneymom2two
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

On some things yes but on others no.  I don't spank.  I don't make my kids eat foods they hate.  I do make them complete things they started just like my mom did.  

marabie
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I way more relaxed than my mom was with me and is with him. I am not a helocoptor parent! I have read research about relaxed parenting and it is recognized as being successful.

MacisMommy91610
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Completely different! When I get pushed to my limits I don't toss my child off on someone else and then want her back a month later. I use her to calm down instead, even if it's her driving me crazy haha. 

JennyH12
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM

No, very different.  I would never be like my mom. 

jessi2girls
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM

pretty close to the same..

dinners are different than how my mom parented... my mom was very lax about what we ate.. I'm strict because I want them to eat healthy... and not grow up picky eaters etc.

and I'm more up and up on certain things girl related.. my mom was more of a tom boy and never knew how to style hair (beyond a pony tail or brushing the knots out), or dress a girl really.. she's changed a lot since I've grown up, got more "girly" lol.. but yeah, in that I'm different, than her, I'm not over the top like some moms, but my kids look good when they leave the house!

chloesmommy777
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM

VERY similar... my teenage self would be mortified... LOL! =D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN