Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Boys and Girls Club.........(need help please)

I started my first official day of volunteering with the Boys and Girls Club. Hoping that it will work into a job.

Anyways, it is too hot to have the kids outside, so we need ideas to keep them busy inside. Crafts, games, anything you can think of.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance  (please BUMP if you have no ideas, so more people will see this post)

by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-15):
terri76
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

How about Charades??? Depending on their ages you can come up with things and put them in a bowl and divide into teams and play!!! We always did that when i was young

terri76
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Tag-Team Art

Tag-team art challenges kids to create artwork from lines, shapes and squiggles. This fun indoor game gives kids a creative way to play with friends.

What You'll Need:

• Paper
  • Pen or pencil

An artist can see a sunset in a line, a face in a circle, or a mountain in a squiggle on a page. What do you see?

Art is twice as fun when you share the pencil! The rules are simple.

Step 1: Player One draws a line, squiggle, or simple shape on a piece of paper. As soon as you lift your pencil, it's the next player's turn.

Step 2: Player Two takes the paper and adds another line, squiggle, or shape, trying to turn the art into a picture.

Don't tell the other person what you are trying to draw. That might spoil some of the surprise. What you think is going to be a seagull might turn out to be a sunflower! See how long you can keep adding lines to your artwork. When you decide that your masterpiece is finished, start a new picture.

terri76
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Buttons

Tossing buttons combines athletic skills with math ability. This indoor game involves flicking buttons at a numbered board. Follow the steps below to learn how to play.

What You'll Need:

• Paper
  • Colored markers or crayons
  • Ruler
  • 24 buttons (12 of one color, 12 of another)
  • Score pad

Step 1: Using a blank piece of paper, make a game board with 12 same-size squares. Randomly label each square with the numbers 1 - 12.

Step 2: Once your game board is complete, place it on a table. Place your 12 colored buttons next to the board, then flick each button with your fingernail onto the board.

Step 3: Add up your score based on where your buttons landed (for example, if all 12 of your buttons landed on the 10 square, give yourself 120 points.) Make a note of your score on the score pad.

Step 4: Pick up your buttons, and watch your friend flick his or her buttons. You can also play against yourself to better your own score.

chloesmommy777
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Ping pong, bean bag toss, board games, bead work, bumper pool, friendship bracelets, origami, collages (collect loads of magazines and use a theme like "All about Me")... to name a few--I've worked in this arena, and these were a great success.

chloesmommy777
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Cooking activities, too! Have a "dinner/lunch party!" =9 Make homemade icecream for an icecream social--be creative and make up any theme.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)