Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Did you have a favorite teacher?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

As the school year comes to a close, I feel such an appreciation for teachers.

Did you have a favorite teacher?

How did he or she make a lasting impression on your life? What would you - or have you - said to this person to let them know how much they meant to you?

teacher

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (51-56):
tryinforone
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Oh my goodness Mrs. Stockwell my first grade teacher used to call me blue eyes. :) she is the one that (at school) instilled a love of reading into me.  My thanks to her was to add her as a character to my book (ok it was only 10 pages long) that won an award and gift certificate in the fourth grade. 

mamadee1971
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

My art teacher (in middle school)...Mr. Golightly.  Seriously, that was his name and he was the coolest art teacher.  I loved to draw, but if I would have known that my artististic nature could have done something for me, I could have been an Architect.

Other notable mentions: Ms. Boone, my middle school Glee/Music Appreciation Teacher, Mr, George., my HS Biology Teacher, Ms Waddell, my Business Education Teacher, Ms. Lipshy, my HS Computer Business Education Teacher, and Ms. Ferguson, my HS Business Math Teahcer.

DixieL
by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

My favorite teacher was my fourth grade teacher. I have always remembered him. Everyone in my class said that I was his pet. I wasn't, but he always had me help him grade papers and help him with report cards. My sister was in his class after I was. She was the opposite of me. I was a goody two shoes and she was wild. but I loved that class

meliscool72
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

that I am glad she was so pushy and naggy

lisaann67
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Mr. McLaughlin was my favorite teacher in high school. He was my history teacher & as a new student to this country I was not strong on US history. You need a foundation to add to,  so he gave me history books from earlier grades to bring me up to par.  I read them in my spare time and I did pass his final exam. I was really appreciative of his extra coaching.

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Absolutely!  My favorite teacher was Mrs. Finch.  She was my 7th grade English teacher.  She was awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)