Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

his dads girlfriend stole my mother's day gift!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay so I know it's a couple of day's pass mother's day and I should really just get over this!!! But it has been eating at me...and honestly I feel like I am over reacting a bit...so I'll tell ya what happened and ya'll let me know if you all think I have a right to be mad or should I just suck it up and move on...

My son (who is 9years old) made me a mother's day card at school...my favorite gift to get are the things my kiddos make me...anyhow my 9yr old made me a mother's day card...the day he made it was on a friday and it just happened to fall on friday that he goes to his father's house...so my son stuffed it in his backpack and just thought he would give it to me sunday...well his dads girlfriend found it in my sons backpack and auttomatically assumed that the card was for her...she told him thank you for "her" mother's day card and what not...my son told her that it was for me HIS MOTHER!!! Well she told him that she was keeping it because he had made it for her...so she has MY mother's day card...

Now I am not upset because I didn't get aything...I am upset because SHE took it!!! I told her I wanted the card MY SON made me...she said that the card was her's and he made it for her...

And she doesn't know why I am so pissed?!? Really?!?

Anyhow...do I have a right to be pissed or am I just over racting and should I just get over it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Replies (41-44):
SabrinaLC
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Oh I'd be mad too!

jpalmer
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I have taken him to court over verbal and physical abuse to my son...the judge dismissed it all because of lack of evidence...appenrantly verbal and just pure physco isn't agianst the law...even though she has a criminal record and history of viloence a mile long!!! This damn judge just dismissed eveything...even the social worker was stunned that the judge dismissed it...so for now I have my son in therapy trying to build a big enough case against my ex to keep him away from my son...I don't normally condone keeping the child away from the father but when the father is doing more harm to the child then good then I fully agree that the father should be kept away!!! It's just a very bad situation!!!

Quoting chloesmommy777:

I understand why your pissed... but, evidently, this woman is disturbed. I would be more concerned about your little ones being alone with her. You should look into your options and talk to a professional who works in social services... It sounds like she needs therapy and I hope she's not a violent type.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raven1114
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Have you said anything to his dad about it? If so what did he say? If you haven't I would say something to him in front of her. Tell him that your son told her the card was for his mom and that last time you knew you were the mom and she was the girlfriend and that you want the card back now.

ihatebluesclues
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It sounds like she is a fucking ditz 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)