Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Card Showers Make Everyone Feel Special

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies

I don't know about you, but going to the mailbox used to be an adventure. Once upon a time, I'd almost skip to the mailbox - I just KNEW that someone had sent me something special, a card that meant I was thought of and missed, a card to tell me how special I was in another person's life. Now, I dread the mailbox. All I ever find inside it's dark hallows are bills, junk mail and catalogues.

Pretty much everyone I know feels this way. It's called being a grown up, I think- but it really doesn't have to be this way.

Think of someone special in your community. Is there a teacher who goes above and beyond? A Sunday School worker who treats your precious children as if they were her own, who goes well beyond the boundaries of just doing her job? Maybe the bus driver who waits for you when you've just about missed the bus yet again, or the super market clerks who greets everyone as they come in, no matter the weather or how he feels?

Is there a hairdresser who makes you feel like a rock star, a shoe store clerk who saves the exact pair of shoes in just your size, all because he knows you will love them?

Or maybe it's your mom. Or your auntie, your zumba teacher or the barista who has your coffee ready every morning when you walk in the coffee shop. Whoever it is, there's someone in your life that could use a Card Shower. A Card Shower requires no hot water, no soap, no towels and no discomfort - it's all about making someone else feel like a rock star, to feel appreciated and important and loved.

It's an amazing idea.

Round up a few friends and pick a deserving recepient. Will it be the teacher who makes learning seem like play time? Maybe the congregation can come together to shower a Rabbi who makes Hebrew study a breeze. What would you tell this person? What would you want him to know? Plan for each of you to write a simple, yet heartfelt note, and drop them in the mail. Coordinate the cards so that a few arrive each day, and get ready to see your special someone light up in anticipation when the mail truck pulls away.

Who will you shower wtih cards?

©iStockphoto.com/ ktaylorg

by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvingRN
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Hmmm....I would love to shower my kids teachers.  They are amazing!!!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Great ideas!

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM

My DH or my Aunt.  I love giving them cards for just no reason at all.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I want to shower my niece and nephew. My nephew graduates preschool today and my niece just won her school's ballroom dancing competition!
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

My mom

Bmat
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM

What an excellent idea.

Samanthamommy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Great ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM

That such a neat idea. I like it, we might try it.

dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a sweet idea, but how does one know the teacher's (store clerk's, hair dresser's, etc) home address to send him/her cards to?

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

goddess99
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I send cards to my daughter. Yep she lives with me but it's fun lol. I like sending cards to people always have =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)