Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you make storytime magical?

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 119 Replies
3 moms liked this

We gave moms a Hallmark product to help develop their child's imagination. The products were as follows:

Read what our moms are saying and then tell us how you make story time magical for your kids.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is what some of our influencer moms are saying:

Jules says:
We used it the first night we got it as our bedtime story.  They kids were so quick getting ready for bed so they could hear the story.  They had no idea that Nugget would talk back during the story.  They first time he responded they were all surprised.  They asked if that was the dog that had responded. They listened to the rest of the story without speaking at all so they wouldn't miss Nugget talking.  They loved it and it is our new family favorite for sure.

mama2b100808 says:
We got the Cinderalla book. My Brianna loves it. When its storytime she goes straight to that book. She loves being a princess.

Mamamandee says:
A cute thing happen when my daughter told Nugget the dog she loved him, he replied with I love you too! It was not something in the book! We have been trying to come up with other saying to see what we can trigger the dog to say. This is a very cute product and I have already started recommending it to friends and family!

beadingmom17
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM
We received the Cinderella recordable storybook. Very often, we have nights when the girls beg for "one more story!" The recordable book is genius because I can still "read it" to my girls even when I have other things I need to take care of. They think it's so cool that mommy's voice reads the book to them and I keep hearing it when they're supposed to be sleeping, LOL! Very cool concept and what a greatly treasured keepsake for them!
wandep
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hi! My name is Pam and I'm 42 years. I'm a sahm to two kids ages 6 & 8 years old.

I was so surprised to see my package in the mail from Cafemom.  I really wasn't expecting it since I did not hear a reply back from Cafemom. So thank you Hallmark and Cafemom for letting  my kids have some fun!

Hopefully since we have a long weekend ahead of us for Memorial Day we can find time to do the project. They sent us a Recordable Artwork Art Gift Book called Because of You and a Recordable Artwork Canvas Art Kit. Both of my kids will love doing this.

I will be sure to take pictures to share with the group. Thanks again Cafemom and Hallmark for letting us join in the fun!

Audreesmommy757
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM

great idea....cant wait to read the rest of the reviews

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Can't wait to hear some of the reviews!

tayanddyl
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I was so excited when my storybook arrived.  More excited than the girls were.  I will be doing my own recording this weekend, stay tuned

mamivon2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hello

We recviced the Recordable ART Work.. my son and my daughter actually worked together and helped eachother out.. Short video of them painting included Here is a small 7sec video of my daughter.. She drew a volcano.. In case you cant hear her on the tape (she is very shy) she said: I SEE A VOLCANO.. oh and excuse the cat.. :)

My son made one for his friend..  I hope you could understand him

mamivon2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM

and here are a few pics

She wasnt very happy when interrupted her. :)

Dorothy2011
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It is always fun to make children wait for the climax. What I do is read a chapter or few pages at a time and that keep my child engaged and excited for the next storytime. You can also be creative, storytime is a time to let true personalities shine! Using different voices for each character or acting out parts of the story can make storytime even more memorable and enjoyable for you and your child.
Meltopia529
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I try to get him involved with the story. These books seem pretty cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)