Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you make storytime magical?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a Hallmark product to help develop their child's imagination. The products were as follows:

Read what our moms are saying and then tell us how you make story time magical for your kids.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (111-119):
mrswhite417
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM
We received the superhero story book and it was amazing. My step-mom and dad recorded it for ds and he loves it. He doesn't get to stay with them very often because of work schedules and now, they get to read him a story every night. It was very easy to figure out and ds was so excited! It will definitely be something we hold on to for a lifetime (: I plan to get one for each of my nieces and nephews for their birthdays this year!
brettsmomma
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Hi :) My Super heros recordable storybook came in but we sent it to my mother and had her record it, then waited until she sent it back this week. 

What a hit!!! My son is 4 so the super hero theme was the best theme out there for him right now. And it was so special to my mother to be able to record the story. She lives far away and her only relationship with him is via skype. He woke up early yesterday morning and instead of coming straight to my room I heard him in there listening and trying to READ ALONG  with this book. 

I WILL BE BUYING MORE. I suggest this for women whose husbands are over seas or on business trips. thank you so much for the chance to try this. :)

ginnjuice

Bmama1
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I recieved my package late so I'm just getting to it now. We got the Instant Baby Scrapbook and oh my goodness, IT IS ADORABLE!!! The only problem is that they sent me a girl book and I have all boys. Lol. If I had a little girl though, I would be all over this book! It is cuuuuuuuute! Debating if I want to hang onto it or regift it to an expecting momma. Thanks Cafemom and Halmark!

(I'll add pics in the next replies)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I'm sorry I'm so late posting but there was a mix up with my package and I received right before we were headed out the door for vacation!

I received the recordable book and my youngest loves it!!!! The older 2 aren't really interested :-/ They are almost 9 and 10 1/2. My youngest is 3. She absolutely loves to be read to and this just makes it more interesting! Thank you so much Cafemom and Hallmark!!!!!

linguisticspaz
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

At bedtime, we read two or three stories. One our son picks (2 1/2) and the others we pick. We get out the crayons and a big sheet of paper. As my husband reads the story, I will draw a scene from the story (Peter and the Wolf in the meadow with the cat and the bird). Sean then can color the page for a few minutes and finish it the next morning. He loves the story, the drawing and the interaction with us so much, he wakes us up in the morning asking to finish coloring and reading the story again.

Bluetick
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM
This sounds neat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Totally wished I would have tested this! !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigail0210
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM

When I read to my daughter, she always has me read to her dolls, too.  So I include her dolls and have them riase their hands to ask questions about the book.  My daughters eyes get so huge and I can see the love she has for me when I do this.

MamisAngels
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Wow, these all look great!
I really like the recordable artwork since my children like painting pictures for me. :-)
And I like the story buddy and recordable storybooks with their variety of great titles.
My children are 9, 8 & 6 and love reading/story time.
This may be something I look into for a gift for them.
:-)

"Beauty is God's handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)