Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you make storytime magical?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a Hallmark product to help develop their child's imagination. The products were as follows:

Read what our moms are saying and then tell us how you make story time magical for your kids.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
othermom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM

My 6 year old had a blast coloring in all the stickers for the recordable art gift book. She had a lot of fun deciding where to put them and recording a message on the book. The recordable art is such a wonderful idea and a ton of fun for the kids to do. They make a great gift

MamaMandee
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

My 4 year old daughter has a new best friend & his name is Nugget the Dog!

Everyday since we received Nugget the dog we have read the book and cant wait to get the other 2 books in the series. It so cute so see my daughter get excited every time we read the book and Nugget talks. I personally love it says 3 different sayings for each of the lines so its not the same thing over and over again. (Well it was until she figured it out and now I have to read the line 3 times lol). Not only did my 4yr old daughter love the dog but even my 8yr old son & 13 yr old daughter! A cute thing happen when my daughter told Nugget the dog she loved him, he replied with I love you too! It was not something in the book! We have been trying to come up with other saying to see what we can trigger the dog to say. This is a very cute product and I have already started recommending it to friends and family! Thank you Cafemom & Hallmark!! 

Bmat
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM

These are cute ideas!

So far I've only made dramatic voices and had the children take parts of the story.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MamaMandee:

Everyday since we received Nugget the dog we have read the book and cant wait to get the other 2 books in the series. It so cute so see my daughter get excited every time we read the book and Nugget talks. I personally love it says 3 different sayings for each of the lines so its not the same thing over and over again. (Well it was until she figured it out and now I have to read the line 3 times lol). Not only did my 4yr old daughter love the dog but even my 8yr old son & 13 yr old daughter! A cute thing happen when my daughter told Nugget the dog she loved him, he replied with I love you too! It was not something in the book! We have been trying to come up with other saying to see what we can trigger the dog to say. This is a very cute product and I have already started recommending it to friends and family! Thank you Cafemom & Hallmark!! 

Cute!
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Quoting mama2b100808:

We got the Cinderalla book. My Brianna loves it. When its storytime she goes straight to that book. She loves being a princess.

My DD really wants the Cinderella book! She picks it up every time we go to the Hallmark store.
mama2b100808
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Its a great book. I say it makes a perfect bday gift or even a gift when they are really good. :-)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting mama2b100808:

We got the Cinderalla book. My Brianna loves it. When its storytime she goes straight to that book. She loves being a princess.

My DD really wants the Cinderella book! She picks it up every time we go to the Hallmark store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

how cool

Quoting mamivon2:

Hello

We recviced the Recordable ART Work.. my son and my daughter actually worked together and helped eachother out.. Short video of them painting included Here is a small 7sec video of my daughter.. She drew a volcano.. In case you cant hear her on the tape (she is very shy) she said: I SEE A VOLCANO.. oh and excuse the cat.. :)

My son made one for his friend..  I hope you could understand him

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

cute!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

great pics

Quoting wandep:

I just have to say thank you to Cafemom and Hallmark for letting us participate in this influence program.

My kids are ages 6 & 8 years old...both had a fun time creating these two projects for their grandmas.

The projects were very easy and not a lot of mess involved with the paint that they sent us.

Here are a few pictures I took of the kids doing their projects.... I let both kids take turns coloring in the book and painting on the canvas.

MamaMandee
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Cute!

Thank you!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN