Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Celebrity Crushes

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies

When I was about, oh, 9 or 10 years old, I had the biggest crush on Shawn Cassidy. Do you remember him? If you are in your early 40's, I know he's someone you might have on your radio. He was a singer, and he also starred in The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. I had a poster of him in my room, and every single night, I coated my lips in Maybelline's Kissing Potion. Then I practiced my kissing. My sister shared my love for the shaggy headed actor, and my mom still has pictures of us kissing our posters. I was convinced we'd be married one day. Mrs. Shawn Cassidy was lovingly written in my best penmanship all over the covers of my Trapper Keeper.

I know that if I'd ever had the opportunity to meet Shawn - because that's how I thought of him, first name only - I'd probably have been too flustered to move.

I'm kind of embarrassed to think about it now, but I'm comforted to know that all of us have a celebrity crush of some type in our background. My husband is a bit older than I, but he still remembers fondly his crush on Raquel Welch. It makes me wonder if my children will remember the crushes that they've had on celebrities - none of my mine have ever been what I would call a celebrity stalker, but I know that there's been some Robert Pattinson love with at least a couple of my girls.

Who was your biggest celebrity crush growing up? Did your room or personal gear demonstrate your love, or did you express your affection and feelings in other ways?

©iStockphoto.com/sjlocke

by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Justin Timberlake from N'Sync, I was obsessed with him, to put it nicely lmao

ballerina.2006
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:26 AM
Lance Bass from Nsync

Heath Ledger. Had a HUGE poster of him in my room. I was obssessed with the movie A Knights Tale for years. I also had to watch as many as his movies as I could. I googled pictures of him, etc. My dad still occasionally teases me about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Johnny Depp

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Johnny Depp and Jon Bon Jovi. I had posters all over my room, locker, binder, etc.
dusky_rose
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Well, the guy I had a crush on only was a celeb in our school and that is all I am going to say about that. LOL

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

sweetlyblissful
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My celebrity crush from when I was 15 was Jonathan Davis.  (Lead singer of the band Korn). 

My current celebrity crush is Johnny Depp.  And Matt Shadows from the band Avenged Sevenfold!!  Sooo cute!!

Can you tell I was attracted to the bad boy type?

But I married someone completely opposite!  lol  And it works! :)

Bob192
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

MacGyver

Delirium003
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Growing up, I loved JTT and Devon Sawa...and Lance from Nsync...Brian from BSB.

Now, I love Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depp, and Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I liked the youngest one from New Kids on the Block.  I think maybe his name was Joey but I can't remember, lol.  That was when I was in elementary school.  As I got older I did have a crush on Matt Damon in high school I think it was.  DH still makes fun of me for that and refused to let me watch movies with him in it(jokingly of course, lol) even though that was like 12 years ago. 

MamaMandee
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I had a ton of celeb crushes growing up and I still do today! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)