Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

When I was about, oh, 9 or 10 years old, I had the biggest crush on Shawn Cassidy. Do you remember him? If you are in your early 40's, I know he's someone you might have on your radio. He was a singer, and he also starred in The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. I had a poster of him in my room, and every single night, I coated my lips in Maybelline's Kissing Potion. Then I practiced my kissing. My sister shared my love for the shaggy headed actor, and my mom still has pictures of us kissing our posters. I was convinced we'd be married one day. Mrs. Shawn Cassidy was lovingly written in my best penmanship all over the covers of my Trapper Keeper.

I know that if I'd ever had the opportunity to meet Shawn - because that's how I thought of him, first name only - I'd probably have been too flustered to move.

I'm kind of embarrassed to think about it now, but I'm comforted to know that all of us have a celebrity crush of some type in our background. My husband is a bit older than I, but he still remembers fondly his crush on Raquel Welch. It makes me wonder if my children will remember the crushes that they've had on celebrities - none of my mine have ever been what I would call a celebrity stalker, but I know that there's been some Robert Pattinson love with at least a couple of my girls.

Who was your biggest celebrity crush growing up? Did your room or personal gear demonstrate your love, or did you express your affection and feelings in other ways?

©iStockphoto.com/sjlocke

by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved the Backstreet Boys!

Kmakksmom
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I had all of the pics I could find of New Kids on the Block on my walls.  Them and Mel Gibson, lol.

suziejax
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My biggest was new kids on the block

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Growing up my biggest crush was Tom Hanks and Jose Canseco (baseball player) and I did have their pictures hanging everywhere in my room.

jessicasmom1
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I liked the looks of Bo Brady on Days of our lives ... 

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM

My biggest crush was Ace Frehley.  Er eda llostered all over my walls, beding, clothes  everywhere

gacgbaker
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:04 AM

I really never understood the celebrity crush thing- seems like a waste of my time and affections to devote them to someone who it won't make any impact on what so ever.  I'm kinda a downer when it comes to entertainment though, lol!

starreyedcutie
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Branding Lee was my celebrity crush
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:11 AM

David McCullum

MommyHeiress86
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Aj and Kevin from BSB.... my current celeb crushes are Chris Hemsworth,and Zac Efron( i know weird but he is only a year or so younger than myself) oh and Rob Pattinson(Team Edward lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)