Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discipline for my four year old

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
Please someone give me some tips! I recently gave birth to my now five month old daughter my four olds attitude and just how she acts has completely changed since I started showing with my five month old it has become worse over time where I'm really stressed and about to pull my hair out she talks back and does not listen any advise ladies and yes there father which is my husband is in the picture
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teamwhitlow
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM

you poor thing, first of all breath:) I went through the same thing when bringing each of my newborns home. do you try to include her in caring for the baby? sounds like she is just being a typical 4 yo imho. she may feel threatened by the new baby and is just having a hard time adjusting. maybe you could get her a gift from her baby sister to break the ice...like a new book or stuffed animal...here for ya...been there done that with 6 :)

othermom
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Definatly include her as much as possible.  Try to get time alone with her too. When she misbehaves try time outs, loss of privlages, ect. It can be hard when there is a new baby

Ebonygirls
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Thanks yeah I have tried to include her but when I'm not looking she does stuff the scratch her face she also has put a me ga block in her mouth
Ebonygirls
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM
The only thing that works is sending her to her room but if I do that I'll never see her because it will be all day because is very hyper
Dereksmom1018
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I only have one child, so I'll try my best to give sound advice. Sit her down and have a big sister talk with her. Explain how important her job is. She is mommy's helper. Let her open and organize the diapers in the bin and bring them to you as you need them. If she can do this without meltdowns, take her shopping at favorite store for a small gift. Or maybe a babydoll of her own she can take care of,

SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Isn't it a kid thing? lol

I have three kids, they each turned bratty around 17 months and it kinda just keeps going.  Make notice of her good behavior, let her know how happy that makes you.  Ignore the bad behavior as much as you can.

Include her in things also, let her know how important she is :-)

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

we are in the same boat as you are except my youngest is 18 months...it drives me crazy but consistancy is the only thing that works

Meltopia529
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I only have one, but I babysit for one also. My son was totally jealous of her. I just make sure I include him in everything. And let him help with things he can help with. Hope things get better for you soon

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I agree.  Include her in everything!  Good Luck :)

ashleybgarcia
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
I agree, include her. I have one, but babysit a nb. I let my son hold her, feed her, help me. I tell him he's doing so good, and he's still mommys baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)