Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

A Sad Day

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

It just seems like the last past two weeks have gotten worse and worse!! With everything that happened with my brother to jacob being really really sick to me being sick yet again.. I came home from work again and was helping my dad clean out the pool when his phone rang and i heard him talking with my brother..he hung up and was chatting with my mom..when i asked what was going on he told me that our neighbor hung herself in her garage.. this breaks my heart..she was a beautiful young woman with her whole life ahead of her...but did not think of herself this way i guess. I know she had many problems with her mom and had just become friendly with her sister again. I am just soooo sad today..i hate this.... :'(

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gravercem
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

So sorry to hear this, suicide is never easy on those left behind.  There will always be unanwsered question, what ifs and I should haves.  Its been eight years since my lil brother hung himself and while it does seem to get a little easier there are times you feel like you did the first day.  I pray this family is going to have a strong support network, and friends that will try and understand that its not something you get over.  A friend gave me this poem after my brothers death, I have found it comforting to me.  I hope things start to go better for you and will keep you in my prayers along with her family.

Don't judge me for how I left this world,
Remember the love I gave
A lot of grief will follow me
for the decision that I made
Changes appear in everyone's life
Some good, some bad
The one I chose for myself
made everyone very sad
But in time memories will heal the hurt of hearts
And my presence will be felt by all with an inner peace
Remember me when the sun is bright and laughter fills the air
And a moonlit night and a whisper of wind
Will tell you I am there
Don't look down on my family
Or fill their hearts with blame
For my leaving them without good-byes
They will never be the same
If I could go back in time
I'd say a last good Bye

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:14 AM

So sad :(

Meltopia529
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM

So sorry to hear. Hugs mama, hang in there

hunterskysmom
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
* Hugs *
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I am so sorry! :-(

I guess sometimes we just don't know how people truly feel on the inside :-(

Again, I am very sorry.  I truly wish for some positive to be in your near future!

terri76
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Your right it is never easy. I can only imagine how she felt in her last moments of life and wish she knew she was worth every minute she spent here on this earth with us!!! She was always so uplifting for everyone around her but so dark for herself :( thank yoh so much for this beautiful poem. I am going to sharw it with the family. Thank you for the prayers they go a long way!! ((HUGS))

Quoting gravercem:

So sorry to hear this, suicide is never easy on those left behind.  There will always be unanwsered question, what ifs and I should haves.  Its been eight years since my lil brother hung himself and while it does seem to get a little easier there are times you feel like you did the first day.  I pray this family is going to have a strong support network, and friends that will try and understand that its not something you get over.  A friend gave me this poem after my brothers death, I have found it comforting to me.  I hope things start to go better for you and will keep you in my prayers along with her family.

Don't judge me for how I left this world,
Remember the love I gave
A lot of grief will follow me
for the decision that I made
Changes appear in everyone's life
Some good, some bad
The one I chose for myself
made everyone very sad
But in time memories will heal the hurt of hearts
And my presence will be felt by all with an inner peace
Remember me when the sun is bright and laughter fills the air
And a moonlit night and a whisper of wind
Will tell you I am there
Don't look down on my family
Or fill their hearts with blame
For my leaving them without good-byes
They will never be the same
If I could go back in time
I'd say a last good Bye

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
It is extremely sad..she has a daughter that will never get to know how wonderful her mother was. She is twelve and the grandmother has never allowed her to get to know her mother :(

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

So sad :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Thank you!! I am certainly trying to hang in :)

Quoting Meltopia529:

So sorry to hear. Hugs mama, hang in there

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Machelle669
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Hugs

socalmommy13
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM
That's really sad! I'm soooo sorry! Death is always hard especially when it was taken too soon! I know how you feel and it takes time..... I hope you are ok!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)