Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Often, Mom can wear many shirts. Mom is a cook, a chauffeur, a teacher and a friend. She can be a sounding board, a peace maker, a calm force during a troubled time. What Mom is most often known for is most probably her least favorite job - Disciplinarian. No one likes to lay down the law, no one likes to enforce the rules - but like it or now, it must be done. It's a job that no one enjoys, but it can be a bit more entertaining when you find your child's actions humorous or memorable. 

My daughter was about three years old, and we had invited a friend over for dinner. I sat a plate of shrimp cocktail in front of our friend as we sat down to dinner, and my daughter climbed up into the seat next to him. We talked for a few minutes, and it never occurred to me to keep an eye on my daughter. When a break in the conversation opened up, my little girl tugged on our guests sleeve. "Mister! Mister!" she exclaimed, and pointed at his plate. "Don't eat the tails!"

She'd craftily and carefully reached under his arm as we'd been chatting, and eaten all of the shrimp off his pate - returning the tails back to his plate. We all burst into laughter, but I didn't want her to feel as if this was behavior to repeat.

Fortunately, she's 14 now, and she sticks to eating from her own plate only.

It's a funny story, although it doesn't paint either of us in the best light - but tales of necessary discipline rarely do. It's not often that discipline and humor can meld together, but when a moment of difficulty can be lightened with laughter it makes the day just a bit brighter.

What's the funniest or most memorable bit of mischief your kid(s) have gotten into? How did you handle the situation? What lessons were you able to teach your kids about right and wrong through the situation?

ŠiStockphoto.com/claudiad

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rushn311
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was very naughty yesterday and I demanded an apology, he says, "Sorry for party rocking" Really?!?! LOL

starreyedcutie
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Omg baby powder and diaper cream stick out LOL...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM

When we went out to KFC for our son's birthday dinner last night, our son decided to blow bubbles in his pop and it splashed over his face. I just had to laugh and handed him a napkin to wipe up his mess. Then we had to tell him not to do it again because I had laughed instead of got mad.

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM

lol that's too funny. i can't think of a specific time right now but there have been many times my son has done something and i have to  leave or try to hide my laughter.

MamaMandee
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

For some reason all 3 of my kids when they were little (they are each 5 yrs apart)  have liked to paint with tooth pastes in the bathroom. 

amy7243
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

TO many to name!!!!

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

LOL this I am .. Mother, Father , and Friend of hers .. 

copperswifey
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

The last thing my kids did was take the sponge with one rough side and try to clean our stainless steel. Of course it scratched it. I just tried to explain to them I know they were trying to help, but they can't use the sponge on that stuff. I showed them the scratches. Of course now I keep the sponges where they can't reach them lol :)

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I just love the "she made me eat it" stories

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Lol, yeah

Quoting amy7243:

TO many to name!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN