Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Hi ladies,

Tell us about a time when your child got in trouble and how you were able to teach them right and wrong in the process.

embarrassed    bouncing mom

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
gacgbaker
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I think each day you see opportunities for this, as well as opportunities to positively enforce values when they make wise choices.

itsblissmas
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Uh oh! ;o)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Well... my teenager is currently learning the consequences of not doing her homework, she has to attend summer school.

funhappymom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We try to use each experience to learn from. We really try to instill the golden rule into our children's lives, especially when they are fighting or hitting each other.

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Ugh.  I'm sorry.  

It's not been easy.  She's doing great in school, but is missing out on other fun summer activities (like the amusement park tonight) because of it.  I think it's been a tough lesson to learn.

How is yours doing?

Quoting babyboxfish:

Same with mine. :/

Quoting amonkeymom:

Well... my teenager is currently learning the consequences of not doing her homework, she has to attend summer school.

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

We do too.

Quoting pootersmomi:

We try to turn every moment into a teachable moment.

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Me too.  I'd hate to have to repeat it.

Quoting pootersmomi:

Ouch. Hope she learned that lesson.

Quoting amonkeymom:

heathermom726
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM

My daughter got into the habit of stealing around age 8 she stole a few dollars from my dresser and a candy from the store all in the same week. i was horrified and over reacted lol My ex is a criminal he is always in jail and my worst fear is that they grow up to be someone like him so I made her take back the candy and apolegize to the clerk and i know this sounds harsh but I took her to the jailhouse and told her that if she stole again I would call them to pick her up then we drove around and had a talk about the consequences and where it can lead and what God says about stealing she never did it again and she is always telling her little brother how wrong it is lol

Reina13
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM

OH no.

Im sure she is learning that lesson.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Reina13
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Oh toddlers and their use of the word 'no'. That seems to be a universal issue.

Quoting JasonsMommy215:

Right when my son turned three he started having this horrible habit of saying "no" and "you don't tell me what to do!" Sitting him in his timout chair for 3 minutes seems to  be the most effective way to stop it :)

Felicity532
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Same here.  We talk about things we see and hear.

Quoting pootersmomi:

We try to turn every moment into a teachable moment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)