Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Would you buy this thing for your baby girl?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:56 AM
  • 22 Replies

Creepy Bikini Romper Is Too Sexy for Baby Girls (PHOTO)

Posted by Jeanne Sager on July 4, 2012 

bikini romperBet you didn't think the "sexing up young girls" trend could get any creepier, did you? Ah, if only ... because the bikini romper from Bon Bebe is pretty much dripping with sleaze. And yup, it's made for a baby girl.

Unlike the baby bikinis that make me roll my eyes (seriously y'all, your daughter doesn't actually have anything there to hold that top UP), the romper is made to fit the average baby body. The creep factor comes in when you look at the design on the front -- a woman's hourglass figure with a bikini drawn on. And unlike your baby, this woman definitely can fill out that swimsuit top

Yup, she's a busty babe on your little babe., and all I've got to ask is why?

Why would anyone actually want to put this on their baby girl? Do you really want someone looking at your darling infant and thinking the words "busty bikini babe"?

That's what this romper does: it puts an image in someone's mind that wouldn't be there otherwise. Babies in bikinis don't make you jump to the "ooh, sexy" place because nothing is LESS sexy than a baby. But when the picture on the romper is specifically that of a sexy woman, well, what else are people supposed to think?

This romper reminds me of those sweatpants with words like "juicy" or "love" written on the butt that I see on tweenaged girls at the mall. By buying them for their daughters, parents are actually begging someone to stare at her rear end. Not much different, right?

A few years ago, one of my favorite parenting essayists, Celia Rivenbark, said of the whole sexy little girl clothing trend: There is no distinction between a kid in second grade and one in twelfth grade and a college grad who's started her first real job.

Isn't it sad that now we're wishing the tarting up stopped in second grade? The fact that it's creeped into the baby stage makes me want to hide ... forever.

Would you buy this thing for your baby girl?

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aphrodisiac
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Nope

black.eyeliner
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Never !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I don't have girls...but if I did, no I wouldn't buy it. If someone else bought it for her, it would be an at home thing to wear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Lol, no

hunterskysmom
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM
nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twinniemoma
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Never never ever never!

reesesami
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Hell no! That's trashy as hell!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Terriny on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Nope i do not think i would!!!

mommynac
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I bet you're not alone. I can't possibly accept that this will be around for too long. ewwwwwwwwwwww

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Sure, I think its funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)