Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 145 Replies
3 moms liked this

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out what some of our influencers had to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.

lwalker270 says: 
I have two boys, one nine and one seven. They have had an absolute blast all day!  They thought it was super-cool that they could exchange messages by fist-bump, high-five, or clapping their hands together!

TempestRayne says:
What I really like about these things is that they are pretty easy to use, and they also have a bad language filter :) You can customize them a little bit (get new covers to put on them).

MamiAngels says: 
They made up their own games by coming up with their favorites: animal, color, toy, food, etc and then bumping or whatever to exchange. It was fun to see them try to guess what the other's answer would be before exchanging messages, and then actually seeing them read one another's answer afterwards.

CjEmmemommy says:
Oh my gosh, we just got our bands an hour ago and are already having so much fun!!! My son has shared with his sister, me, my brother, our neighbor and we can't wait to show daddy...These bands are so cute and I know we will have a lot of fun when our friends come over to play:)

Avonleajules1 says:
My daughter calls it her secret spy watch and is sharing secret messages with her brother and neighbor. They love giving each other five and knuckle bumping to share the message. I can see these bracelets will be favorites here. Thanks for the opportunity to try them :)

Dbush0584 says:
My girls put them on and did not stop playing with them. I wish every kid had these because my girls would LOVE to be able to just high five people and see their secret message.  These are awesome!!

Krys1025 says:My girls 9 and 12 are having a blast with them. We went to a birthday party and lots of kids commented on how cool they were and they wanted them. So, we told them they would be available at Hallmark and to put their name on the waiting list.

Read on to see what other moms had to say. 

( ) CafeMom Team

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd has Text Bands. We got them for free on Facebook! She likes them.
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

awesome!!

Meltopia529
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Those sound pretty cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

cant wait to read the reviews

Delirium003
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Interesting! My son would love to text his cousin in AZ, wonder if that would work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunterskysmom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I was asked to do this but sadly I had to turn it down since I don't have a school age child at home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Quoting Delirium003:

Interesting! My son would love to text his cousin in AZ, wonder if that would work?

No, you have to be right there and either shake hands, high-five, fist bump,etc for the message to pass to the other peron's band.
Delirium003
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Ah, that makes sense!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting Delirium003:

No, you have to be right there and either shake hands, high-five, fist bump,etc for the message to pass to the other peron's band.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM
My son is eagerly awaiting his text bands. He has already decided who the second one will go to and can't wait to share the news with her. I'll update when they get here. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)