Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (101-110):
my_babies_n_me
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

We got the influencer package on July 23rd.. My kids were so excited to try these new toys out and text like Mommy and Daddy! They were so happy when they got them and could not wait to play with them with their friends!

They played with them a few times together at our house (with our help for the first few minutes to help them understand how everything worked). We also took them to a friend's barbeque and the kid's great-grandfather's 80th birthday party.

They were a great hit at the barbeque and all the kids wanted to have their turn...lol. They all thought it was awesome that you only had to shake hands or give each other a high five to send the message to the other person.

My BFF was so impressed with these text bands that she went and bought two of them a couple days after we saw her at her barbeque. However, when we met up again, she brought them and none of the kids seemed as interested as they were the first time around. The kids sent small silly messages and words to each other for quite awhile the first time around, but our daughter (as well as my BFF's daughter) got aggravated and had no interest in them the second time(because of the text length, as well as the lack of a space).

At the birthday party, the adults were amazed at how easy they were to work and everybody passed them around and had a good time playing around for a few minutes. My husband's aunt actually said she was going to pick a couple of them up for her and her sister in law to play with..lol.

Overall, I think these text bands from Hallmark were a great idea, they just need some improvements or upgrades, to help kids stay interested in them for a longer period of time... Also, if I paid for them and realized that my kids only wanted to play with them a few times, I would be disappointed because I would be out $30 for a few hours of playtime.

Thanks Cafemom and Hallmark, for the opportunity to be a part of this influencer, it was interesting and entertaining.

survivorinohio
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM

We received the bands about a week ago and I gave them to my granddaughter who is going on 8 and B who is going to be nine. The kids really enjoyed them for about three days. Their friends seemed very interested in them as well.  They were able to enjoy exchanging many messages and had shared them with several people when the girl child lost hers:(  We have been searching high and low and have not found it.I think it may have been stolen:(

I had high aspirations for photos with these bands as they were a lot of fun for the kids and I am sure the pictures would have been great.

I think the Halmark text bands are a wonderful way for kids to communicate with each other and have fun doing so:).

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

megs424420
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM
My daughter and her friend down the street, both 11, enjoyed the bands at first. They seemed to lose interest quickly. The messages don't send as easily as they should. The message length is short. The game idea seems cool like to play tag, but they couldn't really try it with only 2 of them. The idea is neat, but I think it could use improvements. If I would have paid for them I would not be satisfied with the purchase.
Saucy1
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM

My kids were excited to get these. They played with them for a couple of days and were over them quickly. It would be cooler if they could send messages without them touching.

reesesami
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM
We got the text bands and my daughter really likes them! Unfortunately, her cousins each got cell phones the week before we got the text bands so the text bands lost a bit of their luster, but it's still fun for her to play with her friends. They've been making up secret handshakes to use with the text bands as opposed to the regular fist bumps or high fives. It's been pretty fun! Thank you cafemom!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovinmybabas
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

We got these bands about a week ago. My Kids (11 & 7) were so excited when the package came. They ripped them open right away and started figuring the text bands out. There was  a purple and a black text band. My Son (11) took the black and my Daughter (7) took the purple of course. ;) It only took them about 10 minutes to figure them out, and they were "texting" away! At first, they just texted simple things, like "Cool & Hello". Then they stared playing games with them. They started playing "army" with them, running around the back yard and bumping fists when they wanted to relay a message. They wanted to play the "Zombie outbreak" game that we saw on the Hallmark website, but didn't because they thought it would only be a good game if there were more kids with text bands. 

They are still wearing them daily, and use them. My Son, Christian has a cell phone for texting his friends. I'm sure he will also use the text band to communicate with them, once more of his friends have them! My Daughter, Natalee thinks it's cool that she has a "special" new way to communicate with her big brother. My Daughter wore hers to cheer-leading practice yesterday evening and all the little girls wanted to know all about it. My Daughter proudly explained how they worked. Several neighbor kids have asked about them and where they could get them, and of course we told them Hallmark! :) 

Thank you CafeMom and Hallmark!

Ultra_
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

We got the text bands a week ago. I was waiting until as late as possible to post to see how it went. Right away, they ripped them open to use them. I gave them to my two daughter who are 7, almost 8 and 6. They're still so in love with reading and writing because it's "new" to them still. So the first things they sent were their names and "cool", "hello" pictures made out of symbols. They don't wear them alot at home, but when we go somewhere, they grab them and they play with them in the car. They continued to use them all week, but of course, not as much as the first couple of days. I think they're good, but could be GREAT with some improvments. Thank you CM and HM!

robynjavan7104
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM

My son loved these bands. He used them to play with his best friend and they couldn't stop laughing. They even came up with their own games to play using them.

My son also used them with his cousin and they made up all different types of handshakes to get their messages. They even made up their own language.

Thank you so much for all the fun, these bands are great and I will be buying more for my nephews, nieces and my sons friends so they can all have their own to enjoy.

payesmama
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM
The kids were very excited to try these, but had a hard time getting it going. First my 10-year old daughter and 7-year old son tried them. They would enter their messages and it seemed to clear itself before they got the chance to fist bump or high five. My daughters kept going blank or the whole screen turned red, so I think the battery was already bad. We tried again with my niece and they had similar issues. We'll keep working on it, and maybe try changing the battery, and see how it goes. If that helps them I know they'll have fun with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyboys84
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM
My son is 9 and loved the testing watches...the only downfall of them is u have to high five or pound pretty hard to get the messages to switch. Also I wish they would have sent nuetral Colorado as I have all boys!! Over all not bad but I don't forded me buying them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)