Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
rose0919
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM

we got them friday!  the kids were very excited.... but  they found them hard to use. theyplayed  with them all weekend. it wasnt just a high five or hand shake  to make the msg go from one to another.  they pretty much had to touch them together. and that didnt always work. they had to put the msg in right befor they would  do the action or it wouldnt send. 

both kids tried everything  and ended up very  dissapointed.

Barronbaby
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

my dd is eagerly waiting for hers!

MamisAngels
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Mine are excited to receive and try these. I'm sure it will be a big hit. ;-)
Will post updates when we get them!

"Beauty is God's handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

deadlights86
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We just got ours and my ds was pretty excited but quickly disappointed they don't really work and while he put hi josh in one and hi Jon in the other they both just scrolled josh till i turned them off. They don't seem to transfer messages either and my ds finds it hard to input words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Just got our bands I helped DD play with hers with the second one because her cousin hasn't came down for his yet. The bands was easy to figure out without instructions. The only difficult thing was the snaps DD wanted hers all purple and the black one to be all black took a bit to figure out how to put the snaps back on. DD loves to send messages to me and fist bump. Like other posters its hard to send the messages unless the bands are hitting each other directly or fist bumps. Other than those issues DD is having a blast with them.

motherslove82
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM
We got ours today. My girls (age 9 and 11) are already playing with them. They were a little difficult to get working, but now that we have figured it out, we will see how they like them! I'll let you know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I have two boys, ages six and twelve. I received the bands today, going to let them play with them and then report back!

Thankfully I received two black ones, so neither boy had to deal with a girly color, lol.

JZB
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM

We got ours today, I can say my boys were disappointed, they thought they worked a little bit more than like walkie talkies and you didn't have to touch to do it.  My kids are also 10 and almost 12, I think younger children would like them more.  Unfortunately it gave my almost 12 yr old a reason to think he can punch his brothers hand too. The screen is also a little blurry.  If I were to pay for these I wouldn't buy them for my children but maybe for my younger nieces and nephews.  Also the idea is great but I think it would be better to be able to send the message without contact.

My kids rate them on a scale 1-10 a 6 and a 7

Also make sure you put them with the side button thingy pointing out to the other hand.

lwalker270
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:19 PM

We received our text bands this morning.  I have two boys, one nine and one seven, so I gave one to each.  They have had an absolute blast all day!  With the instructions, it took five - ten minutes to figure out and they were good to go!

Neither have a cell phone, so they don't text, but thought it was super-cool that they could exchange messages by fist-bump, high-five, or clapping their hands together!

They did sign the Text Bands oath, but then my nine-year-old tried to type in a colorful word and the band responded "not_okay"!  How cool is that?  They texted LOL, L8R, Zmbe (they're big zombie fans) back and forth.

A friend of theirs came over today and she thought it was really cool as well.  She is planning to get one so they can play the Zombie outbreak game with the boys.

mandarose
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I just got these today. I have two kids in school so i'm going to let them try it out with each other and then if they like them i will buy another set and they can each have one to give to a friend. I can't wait to get them out and try them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)